Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
HorrorMovieFans.com - The Ultimate Horror Movie Fan Forum > General > HMF Radio > A Work in Podcast to Bash Twilight? X-Files Producer to be on?


A Work in Podcast to Bash Twilight? X-Files Producer to be on?
 Moderated by: God  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 04:30 am

Quote

Reply


All this is still being worked out but I figured I'd keep everyone informed on what's being talked about for upcoming shows for "A Work in Podcast"

 



Mat is sitting this week out for a NIN concert and I'll be co-hosting with Deejay. We'll be reviewing Twilight and most likely tearing it a new one.

Already Twilight fans are being alerted and Wil from HorrorYearBook.com who has started a campaign against the film is expected to call in.

 



Also, X-File producer Frank Spotnitz should be on an upcoming episode for an interview. We'll keep you updated :thumb 

 





____________________
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 04:51 am

Quote

Reply
 

South Park parodies Twilight

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/210813/

Last edited on Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:01 am by eminem4569



____________________
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:01 am

Quote

Reply
 

Twilight fans called fat

http://www.horroryearbook.com/543875/tons-of-fat-chicks-at-twilight-reshoot



____________________
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:02 am

Quote

Reply
 

How to pick up young ass using "Twilight"

http://www.horroryearbook.com/543867/how-to-pick-up-teenage-girls-using-twilight



____________________
Monica4937
Charter Member


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 10851
Favorite Films: I like...stuff
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 06:06 am

Quote

Reply
eminem4569 wrote:

All this is still be worked out but I figured I'd keep everyone informed on what's being talked about for upcoming shows for "A Work in Podcast"

 



Mat is sitting this week out for a NIN concert and I'll be co-hosting with Deejay. We'll be reviewing Twilight and most likely tearing it a new one. Already Twilight fans are being alerted and Wil from HorrorYearBook.com who has started a campaign against the film is expected to call in.




 

*sniff*

I really like Twilight.....:shame



____________________

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 62400
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 03:15 pm

Quote

Reply
Not only does he bite cocks, he uses the There's Something About Mary style of hair gell.  The guy manages to look gayer than Elijiah Wood attempting to be a bad ass.



____________________
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 71642
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 03:53 pm

Quote

Reply
This piece of fucking shit made 70 million dollars!? Well then, there's goes any hope that chicks can try and say they don't have shit taste.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Crazy Ralph
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 30th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11311
Favorite Films: Halloween, Hellbound:Hellraiser 2, Friday the 13th VI:Jason Lives,Dog Soldiers,American Werewolf ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:20 pm

Quote

Reply
Yeah, so I was dragged to this last night and I'm happy to say that I did end up removing a package of razor blades from my vest pocket at some point which I do not recall. (I got the blades from work) so I was not able to slit my wrist through this decade long, bore-fest, drama about a high school girl who is uber-cool and independent and a self proclaimed vampire who's akward, square faced and partially retarded. He's also a self proclaimed vampire who's nearly one hundred years old and in love with a 17 year old girl.  Awesome.  The acting was fucking horrible and a dead give away that the movie was indeed, going to be a peice of shit. The scene where we're first introduced to Edward was laughably bad. The acting in 'Jason Goes to Hell', 'Freddy's Dead' and 'Halloween: Resurrection' was oscar worthy by comparasion, (Just to name some examples that most people here would understand). These vampires drink the blood of animals, cast refelctions and their skin crystalizes in the sun! These aren't vampires. Not once during this snooze fest was I convinced or sold that these are vampires. There's a scene where the Cullens and three other opposing vampires stand posing in akward positions like the two groups where going to break into a fight and it made me think "I haven't seen shit this bad since Power Rangers". My wife is a Twilight nuthugger and she couldn't even stand the movie! She knew it was a peice of shit around the same time I did. She spent the whole movie laughing at it for being such garbage.

My grade: F - - - - (F minus,minus,minus,minus) :yee

 

Also, something shoud be said in your podcast about how some websites give false advertising to draw in the male auidience with this synopsis. This is from comingsoon.net. (I know there are other sites that say the same, Shauna found one yesterday. You should look into that) anyway, here it is:

 

  the studio is officially moving forward with the production of New Moon, the second installment of its filmed franchise "Twilight," the action-packed, modern day vampire love story

 


 

Action packed? Are you sure? there's probably only about 15 minutes total of actual "violence" and that was watered down shit. Actually, saying there's 15 minutes may be a stretch. It's melodrama. That's all. It is the farthest thing away from action packed.

Maybe you can call your thing 'Horror fans versus Twilight' or something.

 

Oh yeah, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with B-D or trash talk them here, but Mr D has said that he's covering Twilight for the fans, to be fair to the fans of teen-horror because the site is not about just the stuff he likes. That's fair and good of them. BUT... Twilight is NOT horror! There is nothing in that movie that could be considered a horror flick. Yeah, they're allegedly vampires, but you don't see fangs, there's a small ammount of blood -- real small, you don't see them drink. There just immortals who claim to drink blood and there skin crystalizes in the sun!. They move fast and can jump around from tree to tree and read minds and can predict futures... sounds like super hero material to me. So I ask, where's the horror?



____________________
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 71642
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:29 pm

Quote

Reply
Poor Ralphie. And because it's teeny bopper garbage, you didn't even get a flash of nudity for a highlight.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Crazy Ralph
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 30th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11311
Favorite Films: Halloween, Hellbound:Hellraiser 2, Friday the 13th VI:Jason Lives,Dog Soldiers,American Werewolf ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:30 pm

Quote

Reply
Reign in Blood wrote: Poor Ralphie. And because it's teeny bopper garbage, you didn't even get a flash of nudity for a highlight.
:evil



____________________
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:39 pm

Quote

Reply
Crazy Ralph wrote: Oh yeah, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with B-D or trash talk them here, but Mr D has said that he's covering Twilight for the fans, to be fair to the fans of teen-horror because the site is not about just the stuff he likes. That's fair and good of them. BUT... Twilight is NOT horror! There is nothing in that movie that could be considered a horror flick. Yeah, they're allegedly vampires, but you don't see fangs, there's a small ammount of blood -- real small, you don't see them drink. There just immortals who claim to drink blood and there skin crystalizes in the sun!. They move fast and can jump around from tree to tree and read minds and can predict futures... sounds like super hero material to me. So I ask, where's the horror?

Here's a quote from Spooky Dan from MySpace: "Liked Twilight and is a fan of Team Jasper"



____________________
Crazy Ralph
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 30th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11311
Favorite Films: Halloween, Hellbound:Hellraiser 2, Friday the 13th VI:Jason Lives,Dog Soldiers,American Werewolf ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:44 pm

Quote

Reply
eminem4569 wrote: Crazy Ralph wrote: Oh yeah, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with B-D or trash talk them here, but Mr D has said that he's covering Twilight for the fans, to be fair to the fans of teen-horror because the site is not about just the stuff he likes. That's fair and good of them. BUT... Twilight is NOT horror! There is nothing in that movie that could be considered a horror flick. Yeah, they're allegedly vampires, but you don't see fangs, there's a small ammount of blood -- real small, you don't see them drink. There just immortals who claim to drink blood and there skin crystalizes in the sun!. They move fast and can jump around from tree to tree and read minds and can predict futures... sounds like super hero material to me. So I ask, where's the horror?

Here's a quote from Spooky Dan from MySpace: "Liked Twilight and is a fan of Team Jasper"

Jesus... even some user reviews on comingsoon and B-D are positive! :puke



____________________
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:46 pm

Quote

Reply
Crazy Ralph wrote: eminem4569 wrote: Here's a quote from Spooky Dan from MySpace: "Liked Twilight and is a fan of Team Jasper"
Jesus... even some user reviews on comingsoon and B-D are positive! :puke

Kelsey will be dragging me to this which is fine now because I'll be reviewing it for the Wednesday show



____________________
Crazy Ralph
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 30th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11311
Favorite Films: Halloween, Hellbound:Hellraiser 2, Friday the 13th VI:Jason Lives,Dog Soldiers,American Werewolf ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:49 pm

Quote

Reply
eminem4569 wrote: Crazy Ralph wrote: eminem4569 wrote: Here's a quote from Spooky Dan from MySpace: "Liked Twilight and is a fan of Team Jasper"
Jesus... even some user reviews on comingsoon and B-D are positive! :puke

Kelsey will be dragging me to this which is fine now because I'll be reviewing it for the Wednesday show

Good luck.:thumb



____________________
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 71642
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:57 pm

Quote

Reply
eminem4569 wrote: Crazy Ralph wrote: eminem4569 wrote: Here's a quote from Spooky Dan from MySpace: "Liked Twilight and is a fan of Team Jasper"
Jesus... even some user reviews on comingsoon and B-D are positive! :puke

Kelsey will be dragging me to this which is fine now because I'll be reviewing it for the Wednesday show

Damnit. I already used the one prayer up my sleeve for Ralphus. Now I'm gonna have dig something up for you too. *dusts off and cracks open bible*



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
eminem4569
HorrorMovieFans.com Radio Host


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 31231
Favorite Films: Nightmare on Elm Street, High Tension, Evil Dead Trilogy, New ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 05:59 pm

Quote

Reply
Reign in Blood wrote: eminem4569 wrote: Kelsey will be dragging me to this which is fine now because I'll be reviewing it for the Wednesday show
Damnit. I already used the one prayer up my sleeve for Ralphus. Now I'm gonna have dig something up for you too. *dusts off and cracks open bible*

Thanks lol :p



____________________
Monica4937
Charter Member


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 10851
Favorite Films: I like...stuff
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 06:53 pm

Quote

Reply
It is clear that none of you "men" are romantics :pbbt

 

Honestly though, the movie never strays from the book which is why I think it has been doing so well. When we read about the romance between Edward and Bella and then get to watch it as well on the big screen, there's just a certain excitement that overwhelms us.

I know none of you will understand because A. your male and B. your idea of romance is making your woman cook BBQ chicken for you and your beer drinking buddies while you all sit around to watch the big game :p 



____________________

horrorfan
Lover and Collector Of 80's Horror Films


Joined: Wed Nov 15th, 2006
Location: California USA
Posts: 40603
Favorite Films: Black Christmas,Hell Night,NightBeast,The Being,StageFright,Nail Gun Massacre,F13th Films,The Stuff,Dolls,Alligator,An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 06:58 pm

Quote

Reply
Yeah at first I thought this movie might be ok but I was wrong, I have not seen it and I don't plan on it, now I realize it's a romantic vampire chick flick:pbbt I have no patience to sit through movies like those.



____________________
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 62400
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 06:59 pm

Quote

Reply
Monica4937 wrote: It is clear that none of you "men" are romantics :pbbt



I am quite the romantic, but that whole Twilight is just tweeny-bop trash.



____________________
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 62400
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 07:01 pm

Quote

Reply
Monica4937 wrote:
I know none of you will understand because A. your male and B. your idea of romance is making your woman cook BBQ chicken for you and your beer drinking buddies while you all sit around to watch the big game :p 



:p   None of that sounds romantic to me :yee




____________________

 Current time is 06:25 am
Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez