Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 


The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
 Moderated by: God  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12377
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:17 am

Quote

Reply

Last edited on Tue May 1st, 2012 04:49 am by KennyThaKilla



____________________

Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 73162
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:38 am

Quote

Reply
Saw today it really was Hines Ward that did the football cameo. Looks fucking sweet.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12377
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:42 am

Quote

Reply
Can't wait. :thumb

But it might be bittersweet, if Nolan decides to kill the Batman.



____________________

Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 73162
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:45 am

Quote

Reply
I can see Nolan having the balls to do that, I don't see the studio having em to let him. Especially with him taking over Superman.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 79867
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:45 am

Quote

Reply
warner wouldn't let him kill the bat, would they?

looks good, indeed. i'm liking anne hathaway as catwoman so far.



____________________
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12377
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:51 am

Quote

Reply
I hope not, but I could see Warner letting him do it because technically, this is the end of the Nolan Bat films anyway. The next round of movies will undoubtedly be another reboot.



____________________

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 79867
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 12:58 am

Quote

Reply
apparently, this film picks up 8 years after the dark knight. so why the big gap?



____________________
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 73162
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:03 am

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: apparently, this film picks up 8 years after the dark knight. so why the big gap?

Probably just to show that his sacrifice in taking the blame for Dent's crimes did result in a peace period, which Bane comes crashing in to destroy.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Headhunter
Head of State


Joined: Sun May 28th, 2006
Location: Valencia, California USA
Posts: 36411
Favorite Films: '74 TCM, ANOES, Evil Dead series, The Thing, Motel Hell, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:24 am

Quote

Reply
That football scene is so unrealistic!

Hines Ward could never burn that many guys.

KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12377
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:27 am

Quote

Reply
Here's what Nolan had to say about it....


"It will make a lot more sense to people when they see the film," Nolan says of the time jump. "But it's not a great mystery -- it's the jumping-off point for the film -- but it's hard for me to articulate it. I think the mood at the beginning of the film will make a lot of sense. If I had to express it thematically, I think what we're saying is that for Batman and Commissioner Gordon, there's a big sacrifice, a big compromise, at the end of The Dark Knight and for that to mean something, that sacrifice has to work and Gotham has to get better in a sense. They have to achieve something for the ending of that film -- and the feeling at the end of that film -- to have validity. Their sacrifice has to have meaning and it takes time to establish that and to show that, and that's the primary reason we did that. It's a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything -- which I think would be distracting -- but it gave them something to get their teeth into, particularly Christian in terms of portraying this guy who has been frozen in this moment in time with nowhere to go. He really has done an incredible job figuring out how to characterize that and express that."



____________________

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 64340
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:35 am

Quote

Reply
KennyThaKilla wrote: I hope not, but I could see Warner letting him do it because technically, this is the end of the Nolan Bat films anyway. The next round of movies will undoubtedly be another reboot.
WB even confirmed it'll be yet another reboot.  Why they can't continue and just James-Bond it I don't know.



____________________


What did the cannibal do after dumping his girlfriend? He wiped his ass.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 64340
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:36 am

Quote

Reply
Reign in Blood wrote: zombie wrote: apparently, this film picks up 8 years after the dark knight. so why the big gap?

Probably just to show that his sacrifice in taking the blame for Dent's crimes did result in a peace period, which Bane comes crashing in to destroy.

That's what methinks too.



____________________


What did the cannibal do after dumping his girlfriend? He wiped his ass.
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 73162
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:37 am

Quote

Reply
Headhunter wrote: That football scene is so unrealistic!

Hines Ward could never burn that many guys.

Lol!



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 73162
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 01:38 am

Quote

Reply
KennyThaKilla wrote: Here's what Nolan had to say about it....


"It will make a lot more sense to people when they see the film," Nolan says of the time jump. "But it's not a great mystery -- it's the jumping-off point for the film -- but it's hard for me to articulate it. I think the mood at the beginning of the film will make a lot of sense. If I had to express it thematically, I think what we're saying is that for Batman and Commissioner Gordon, there's a big sacrifice, a big compromise, at the end of The Dark Knight and for that to mean something, that sacrifice has to work and Gotham has to get better in a sense. They have to achieve something for the ending of that film -- and the feeling at the end of that film -- to have validity. Their sacrifice has to have meaning and it takes time to establish that and to show that, and that's the primary reason we did that. It's a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything -- which I think would be distracting -- but it gave them something to get their teeth into, particularly Christian in terms of portraying this guy who has been frozen in this moment in time with nowhere to go. He really has done an incredible job figuring out how to characterize that and express that."

That was a lot of words for what I basically said! *is genius* :p



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12377
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 02:54 am

Quote

Reply
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
KennyThaKilla wrote: I hope not, but I could see Warner letting him do it because technically, this is the end of the Nolan Bat films anyway. The next round of movies will undoubtedly be another reboot.
WB even confirmed it'll be yet another reboot.  Why they can't continue and just James-Bond it I don't know.

Idk either. How many fucking origin stories do we really need? I'm all for just continuing on.

Last edited on Wed Dec 21st, 2011 04:03 am by KennyThaKilla



____________________

Daebo
Moderator


Joined: Wed May 17th, 2006
Location: The Fire, USA
Posts: 48047
Favorite Films: Exorcist, Fight Club, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Army of ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Wed Dec 21st, 2011 04:00 am

Quote

Reply
Please tell me this has been debunked...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/404terror/robin-is-probably-in-the-dark-knight-rises-3z99



____________________
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12377
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Wed Dec 21st, 2011 04:05 am

Quote

Reply
Interesting. Well, it's Nolan... I have faith.



____________________

Daebo
Moderator


Joined: Wed May 17th, 2006
Location: The Fire, USA
Posts: 48047
Favorite Films: Exorcist, Fight Club, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Army of ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Wed Dec 21st, 2011 04:06 am

Quote

Reply
KennyThaKilla wrote: Interesting. Well, it's Nolan... I have faith.
I hate Robin, though. :shame



____________________
Daebo
Moderator


Joined: Wed May 17th, 2006
Location: The Fire, USA
Posts: 48047
Favorite Films: Exorcist, Fight Club, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Army of ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Wed Dec 21st, 2011 04:08 am

Quote

Reply
They think that R is an easter egg? They should check out who's holding up the O, THE BLIND SQUIRREL! :p



____________________
Ava
Charter Member


Joined: Sat Jan 23rd, 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 39389
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Wed Dec 21st, 2011 04:10 am

Quote

Reply
Daebo wrote: They think that R is an easter egg? They should check out who's holding up the O, THE BLIND SQUIRREL! :p
All I can focus on is the dude in the bright yellow turban on the right.



____________________

 Current time is 04:01 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez