Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 


American Horror Story
 Moderated by: God  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12378
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Dec 4th, 2011 09:00 pm

Quote

Reply
Blood Reaper wrote:
Ava wrote: Blood Reaper wrote: It was really good starting out but as it went on I could not help but feel it was dragging on. I eventually lost interest in it.
I'm still enjoying it. I like that I have no idea what is going on half the time. Makes for nice surprises. I just wish they would put up the most recent episodes online sooner than right before the day of the next one.


*spoilers**spoilers**spoilers*SPOILER ALERT*spoilers**spoilers**spoilers*

The last episode I watched was where it was revealed that Tate was dead. I started watching the episode after that but it just started getting old and boring to me. Plus the fact that they cant use their own original background score was a bit lame.

I always take that into consideration when deciding whether or not I like a show. :p



____________________

KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12378
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Dec 4th, 2011 09:03 pm

Quote

Reply
Ava wrote:
Blood Reaper wrote: It was really good starting out but as it went on I could not help but feel it was dragging on. I eventually lost interest in it.
I'm still enjoying it. I like that I have no idea what is going on half the time. Makes for nice surprises. I just wish they would put up the most recent episodes online sooner than right before the day of the next one.

The site I use has it up the same night. :thumb



____________________

Blood Reaper
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 24th, 2011
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 721
Favorite Films: The Shining, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare On Elm ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Dec 4th, 2011 09:07 pm

Quote

Reply
KennyThaKilla wrote: Blood Reaper wrote:
Ava wrote: Blood Reaper wrote: It was really good starting out but as it went on I could not help but feel it was dragging on. I eventually lost interest in it.
I'm still enjoying it. I like that I have no idea what is going on half the time. Makes for nice surprises. I just wish they would put up the most recent episodes online sooner than right before the day of the next one.


*spoilers**spoilers**spoilers*SPOILER ALERT*spoilers**spoilers**spoilers*

The last episode I watched was where it was revealed that Tate was dead. I started watching the episode after that but it just started getting old and boring to me. Plus the fact that they cant use their own original background score was a bit lame.

I always take that into consideration when deciding whether or not I like a show. :p

Thats not why I am bored with it, I just think it should be more original and use their own music instead of stuff from Dracula and Kill Bill.



____________________
KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12378
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Dec 4th, 2011 09:23 pm

Quote

Reply
Meh, plenty of good tv shows/movies reuse scores, no biggie. At least the actual material is original. :thumb



____________________

iFancydemons
Member


Joined: Fri Jan 20th, 2012
Location: Abington , Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19
Favorite Films: Do not judge me. 28 days later also the second ...
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Jan 20th, 2012 07:59 pm

Quote

Reply
I liked this show a lot. I am glad they aren't going to randomly keep going with the Harmons. I loved the soundtrack, I downloaded all the music from the different artists. I knew Tate was dead from the first episode. just was confused to the ghost rules.. I knew Violet was also dead as soon as she wasn't in the episode after piggy,piggy. overall pretty happy with it. some things definitely needed re-thinking RYAN MURPHEY.. don't worry guys he fucks me over all the time on glee. I am used to it haha

KennyThaKilla
Banned


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 12378
Favorite Films: NOES
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2012 06:49 pm

Quote

Reply
Some new info for season 2....


"More casting news has come in for the highly anticipated second season of the hit FX series "American Horror Story", and we have every current detail of what we know so far, right here on tap. Read on for the skinny on who's checking into the small screen mental ward next!

According to Entertainment Weekly, Shakespeare in Love star Joseph Fiennes is in negotiations to appear as a regular on the show. The actor would play the head of the institution for the criminally insane where star Jessica Lange works and will also be the object of her attraction; the pair have a May/December romance. Not much else is known about his character, but we’re told he’s “tortured” — not surprising given the dark world of "American Horror Story".

"American Horror Story" Season 2 will be set in the 1960's. Jessica Lange, James Cromwell, Adam Levine, Zachary Quinto, Chloe Sevigny, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, and Lizzie Brochere star. More as it comes."



____________________

Motofunk
Member


Joined: Thu Nov 29th, 2012
Location: Bay City, Illinois USA
Posts: 66
Favorite Films: older horror for an older dude
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2012 07:13 pm

Quote

Reply
This is one of my favorite shows on the tube right now. I love the writing and the acting is really good too. Nice twists and turns do a good job of keeping me off balance, and keep that unpredictability level high.

Lunachic
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Sep 26th, 2008
Location: Rocky Mountain High, USA
Posts: 27119
Favorite Films: ones that kill off dogfacedvapidattentionwhores who worship themselves
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2012 02:54 pm

Quote

Reply
Motofunk wrote:
This is one of my favorite shows on the tube right now. I love the writing and the acting is really good too. Nice twists and turns do a good job of keeping me off balance, and keep that unpredictability level high.
Mine too:) This season has been wicked fun. I'm loving it as much as last season.



____________________


Dream
Charter Member


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 45331
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2012 03:20 pm

Quote

Reply
I didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped.  It was mostly kinda dull to me.  It just seemed like a basic ghost story with very little actually taking place that was interesting.  The best reveal was Violet, the rest was kinda "eh".   I did like the Maid a lot though.



____________________



This angel's more demon than you'll ever truly know.
Lunachic
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Sep 26th, 2008
Location: Rocky Mountain High, USA
Posts: 27119
Favorite Films: ones that kill off dogfacedvapidattentionwhores who worship themselves
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2012 03:35 pm

Quote

Reply
Dream wrote:
I didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped.  It was mostly kinda dull to me.  It just seemed like a basic ghost story with very little actually taking place that was interesting.  The best reveal was Violet, the rest was kinda "eh".   I did like the Maid a lot though.

I've liked how they have been using some of the actors from the 1st season in the 2nd as well. But I did find the first season to be very good and interesting and demented.. not as perverted as this season but still kinky , fresh and different for tv



____________________


Dream
Charter Member


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 45331
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2012 03:39 pm

Quote

Reply
Lunachic wrote: Dream wrote:
I didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped.  It was mostly kinda dull to me.  It just seemed like a basic ghost story with very little actually taking place that was interesting.  The best reveal was Violet, the rest was kinda "eh".   I did like the Maid a lot though.

I've liked how they have been using some of the actors from the 1st season in the 2nd as well. But I did find the first season to be very good and interesting and demented.. not as perverted as this season but still kinky , fresh and different for tv


I did like it, don't get me wrong.  I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would've.  A lot of it felt forced, some of it just seemed like they were throwing shit together to see if anyone would buy it. Most of the perverseness seemed to be "see what we can get away with" rather than "add to the story"  It just seemed too muddled and incoherent, when it could have been really really awesome.  It came across as just entertaining to me and not something that I'm likely to go out of my way to watch again. But I would definitely watch it if I caught it on. 


I haven't checked out the second season at all yet.



____________________



This angel's more demon than you'll ever truly know.
Lunachic
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Sep 26th, 2008
Location: Rocky Mountain High, USA
Posts: 27119
Favorite Films: ones that kill off dogfacedvapidattentionwhores who worship themselves
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2012 03:55 pm

Quote

Reply
Dream wrote:
Lunachic wrote: Dream wrote:
I didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped.  It was mostly kinda dull to me.  It just seemed like a basic ghost story with very little actually taking place that was interesting.  The best reveal was Violet, the rest was kinda "eh".   I did like the Maid a lot though.

I've liked how they have been using some of the actors from the 1st season in the 2nd as well. But I did find the first season to be very good and interesting and demented.. not as perverted as this season but still kinky , fresh and different for tv


I did like it, don't get me wrong.  I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would've.  A lot of it felt forced, some of it just seemed like they were throwing shit together to see if anyone would buy it. Most of the perverseness seemed to be "see what we can get away with" rather than "add to the story"  It just seemed too muddled and incoherent, when it could have been really really awesome.  It came across as just entertaining to me and not something that I'm likely to go out of my way to watch again. But I would definitely watch it if I caught it on. 


I haven't checked out the second season at all yet.

There is a lot going on with this season.. but being in a nuthouse allows for such diversity imo
Lana has been an interesting character but I won't go into any kind of details in case you want to watch it



____________________


Dream
Charter Member


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 45331
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2012 03:58 pm

Quote

Reply
Lunachic wrote: Dream wrote:
Lunachic wrote: Dream wrote:
I didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped.  It was mostly kinda dull to me.  It just seemed like a basic ghost story with very little actually taking place that was interesting.  The best reveal was Violet, the rest was kinda "eh".   I did like the Maid a lot though.

I've liked how they have been using some of the actors from the 1st season in the 2nd as well. But I did find the first season to be very good and interesting and demented.. not as perverted as this season but still kinky , fresh and different for tv


I did like it, don't get me wrong.  I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would've.  A lot of it felt forced, some of it just seemed like they were throwing shit together to see if anyone would buy it. Most of the perverseness seemed to be "see what we can get away with" rather than "add to the story"  It just seemed too muddled and incoherent, when it could have been really really awesome.  It came across as just entertaining to me and not something that I'm likely to go out of my way to watch again. But I would definitely watch it if I caught it on. 


I haven't checked out the second season at all yet.

There is a lot going on with this season.. but being in a nuthouse allows for such diversity imo
Lana has been an interesting character but I won't go into any kind of details in case you want to watch it


I'll end up catching it but probably not till it goes up on netflix. :p



____________________



This angel's more demon than you'll ever truly know.
Motofunk
Member


Joined: Thu Nov 29th, 2012
Location: Bay City, Illinois USA
Posts: 66
Favorite Films: older horror for an older dude
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Dec 1st, 2012 05:08 pm

Quote

Reply
Lunachic wrote:
Dream wrote:
I didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped.  It was mostly kinda dull to me.  It just seemed like a basic ghost story with very little actually taking place that was interesting.  The best reveal was Violet, the rest was kinda "eh".   I did like the Maid a lot though.

I've liked how they have been using some of the actors from the 1st season in the 2nd as well. But I did find the first season to be very good and interesting and demented.. not as perverted as this season but still kinky , fresh and different for tv


Yep. I had reservations about season 2 at first because of a new setting and all, but have to say I really like the way they pulled everything off, and have some of the season 1 cast on board. I like this season just as much as 1.

J-Mac Attack
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Feb 19th, 2010
Location: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Posts: 19355
Favorite Films: Bubba Hotep, Evil Dead Series, Return of the Living Dead, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Wed Dec 5th, 2012 04:39 am

Quote

Reply
Just started watching this show tonight. We watched the first four episodes of season one in a row. Pretty interesting. I dig it. The acting is really good. I can't read the rest of this thread because I don't want spoilers. :p

Ava
Charter Member


Joined: Sat Jan 23rd, 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 35691
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2012 05:15 pm

Quote

Reply
Just when I was getting bored with it they brought the Angel of Death lady in. *heart**heart**heart*  I freekin' love her.



____________________
J-Mac Attack
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Feb 19th, 2010
Location: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Posts: 19355
Favorite Films: Bubba Hotep, Evil Dead Series, Return of the Living Dead, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2012 08:30 pm

Quote

Reply
Just watched through episode 8, 1st season, last night. Pretty good so far. I always think that Dylan McDermot dude is gonna break into singing that Drops of Jupiter song by Train. :p

(Seriously, they look a lot alike for some reason)

Lunachic
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Sep 26th, 2008
Location: Rocky Mountain High, USA
Posts: 27119
Favorite Films: ones that kill off dogfacedvapidattentionwhores who worship themselves
Gender: Female
Status:  Online
 Posted: Thu Dec 13th, 2012 04:29 am

Quote

Reply
kinda of ironic that the lady playing Dr. Gardner was kidnapped by another skin freak in  a  movie :p



____________________


Mr. Black
Member


Joined: Thu Dec 13th, 2012
Location: Southern, Ill., USA
Posts: 181
Favorite Films: Mostly Pre-CGI Horror
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2012 03:42 am

Quote

Reply
Ava wrote: Just when I was getting bored with it they brought the Angel of Death lady in. *heart**heart**heart*  I freekin' love her.

I think the show is great.  I can't say that i've been bored by this season.  To me it's just as good in it's own way.  I like some aspects of both of them, and some dislikes as well.  Overall I like the show.  I think it's great how some of the actors have returned.

J-Mac Attack
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Feb 19th, 2010
Location: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Posts: 19355
Favorite Films: Bubba Hotep, Evil Dead Series, Return of the Living Dead, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2012 05:16 am

Quote

Reply
Mr. Black wrote: Ava wrote: Just when I was getting bored with it they brought the Angel of Death lady in. *heart**heart**heart*  I freekin' love her.

I think the show is great.  I can't say that i've been bored by this season.  To me it's just as good in it's own way.  I like some aspects of both of them, and some dislikes as well.  Overall I like the show.  I think it's great how some of the actors have returned.

I need to stop reading this thread! haha

I really liked the first season.


 Current time is 04:58 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez