Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 


Halloween Favorites In Order
 Moderated by: God  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:24 pm

Quote

Reply
I just finished the entire series, and with them all fresh in my mind, my rankings are...

8) Halloween: Resurrection
7) Halloween V: The Revenge of Michael Myers
6) Halloween VI: The Curse of Michael Myers
5) Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
4) Halloween III: Season of the Witch
3) Halloween IV: The Return of Michael Myers
2) Halloween II
1) Halloween

 

I can't even begin to rank the shit that is Rob Zombie's Halloween.
Bash away!



____________________

JigsawX
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Jun 12th, 2009
Location: Muncie, Indiana USA
Posts: 26506
Favorite Films: Slaughter High, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, The Burning, etc.
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:29 pm

Quote

Reply
Okay, I'll go from best to worst:

1. Halloween (1978)

2. Halloween 2 (1981)

3. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)

4. Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (1982)

5. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)

6. Halloween H2O: 20 Years Laters (1998)

7. Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

8. Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

9. Halloween (2007)

Haven't seen Halloween 2 (2009)



____________________


"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:31 pm

Quote

Reply
Holy shit. Near even.

You hated the remake, too?

Zombie's Halloween II was the only movie that left me with nothing to say. I think it was better than his first. But that isn't saying anything at all.



____________________

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78452
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:31 pm

Quote

Reply
i'll rank what i've seen.

1. halloween (1978)
2. halloween 4 / halloween 5
3. halloween 2
4. H2
5. rob zombie's halloween


JigsawX
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Jun 12th, 2009
Location: Muncie, Indiana USA
Posts: 26506
Favorite Films: Slaughter High, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, The Burning, etc.
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:32 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: Holy shit. Near even.

You hated the remake, too?

Zombie's Halloween II was the only movie that left me with nothing to say. I think it was better than his first. But that isn't saying anything at all.


Are we? I didn't notice.

Loomis gets a bit too insane in movie the fifth for me to fully enjoy. I did like the mysterious men in black, though. They were cool.



____________________


"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:33 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: i'll rank what i've seen.

1. halloween (1978)
2. halloween 4 / halloween 5
3. halloween 2
4. H2
5. rob zombie's halloween




So... You've seen all of Zombie's bullshit. But not all the good ones (for the most part)?

:wtf



____________________

Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:34 pm

Quote

Reply
JigsawX wrote: Jason wrote: Holy shit. Near even.

You hated the remake, too?

Zombie's Halloween II was the only movie that left me with nothing to say. I think it was better than his first. But that isn't saying anything at all.


Are we? I didn't notice.

Loomis gets a bit too insane in movie the fifth for me to fully enjoy. I did like the mysterious men in black, though. They were cool.

I didn't like Curse as much as I did when I first watched it, but I did still enjoy it. The only truly, truly horrible one was Resurrection. Look at the original, soak it in and then look at Resurrection.  :puke



____________________

JigsawX
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Jun 12th, 2009
Location: Muncie, Indiana USA
Posts: 26506
Favorite Films: Slaughter High, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, The Burning, etc.
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:35 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: I didn't like Curse as much as I did when I first watched it, but I did still enjoy it. The only truly, truly horrible one was Resurrection. Look at the original, soak it in and then look at Resurrection.  :puke
Trick or treat, motherfucker.:p



____________________


"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:37 pm

Quote

Reply
JigsawX wrote: Jason wrote: I didn't like Curse as much as I did when I first watched it, but I did still enjoy it. The only truly, truly horrible one was Resurrection. Look at the original, soak it in and then look at Resurrection.  :puke
Trick or treat, motherfucker.:p

So, yuu wanna bee on Daynja-taynment?



____________________

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78452
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:37 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: zombie wrote: i'll rank what i've seen.

1. halloween (1978)
2. halloween 4 / halloween 5
3. halloween 2
4. H2
5. rob zombie's halloween




So... You've seen all of Zombie's bullshit. But not all the good ones (for the most part)?

:wtf

i've seen all of the ones from the original series that i want to see.

Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:38 pm

Quote

Reply
I'll admit, I did think it was funny when he was cussing Michael out. "You not Michael Myas, I Michael Myas. Get yo fuckin' ass down the mutha phuckin' stairs-"  :p



____________________

Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:39 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Jason wrote: zombie wrote: i'll rank what i've seen.

1. halloween (1978)
2. halloween 4 / halloween 5
3. halloween 2
4. H2
5. rob zombie's halloween




So... You've seen all of Zombie's bullshit. But not all the good ones (for the most part)?

:wtf

i've seen all of the ones from the original series that i want to see.

Nooooo!!!! If you actually want to see a sequel from a film, wouldn't you want to see the whole thing? maybe it's just me. But I love watching the film series. I simply can't watch Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street without watching all of them.



____________________

JigsawX
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Jun 12th, 2009
Location: Muncie, Indiana USA
Posts: 26506
Favorite Films: Slaughter High, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, The Burning, etc.
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:39 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: I'll admit, I did think it was funny when he was cussing Michael out. "You not Michael Myas, I Michael Myas. Get yo fuckin' ass down the mutha phuckin' stairs-"  :p
It's a good movie if you expect a bad one. It is decent for laughs (and cringes).:p



____________________


"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
JigsawX
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Jun 12th, 2009
Location: Muncie, Indiana USA
Posts: 26506
Favorite Films: Slaughter High, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, The Burning, etc.
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:40 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: Friday the 13th
Still haven't seen Jason Goes to Hell. The only one I haven't seen aside from the remake.



____________________


"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78452
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:42 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: zombie wrote: i've seen all of the ones from the original series that i want to see.

Nooooo!!!! If you actually want to see a sequel from a film, wouldn't you want to see the whole thing? maybe it's just me. But I love watching the film series. I simply can't watch Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street without watching all of them.

i don't like what they did to jamie lloyd in the later sequels. i haven't seen them but i've been told enough about them, so yeah.

Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:43 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Jason wrote: zombie wrote: i've seen all of the ones from the original series that i want to see.

Nooooo!!!! If you actually want to see a sequel from a film, wouldn't you want to see the whole thing? maybe it's just me. But I love watching the film series. I simply can't watch Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street without watching all of them.

i don't like what they did to jamie lloyd in the later sequels. i haven't seen them but i've been told enough about them, so yeah.

I never realized it, but Danielle Harris is an incredibly talented actress. Especially in the Halloween films.



____________________

Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:44 pm

Quote

Reply
JigsawX wrote: Jason wrote: Friday the 13th
Still haven't seen Jason Goes to Hell. The only one I haven't seen aside from the remake.

Got lots of hate, but I enjoyed. Definitely not among my favorites, but it's my favorite horror series ever, so yeah. And Steven Williams kicks fucking ass.



____________________

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78452
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 09:46 pm

Quote

Reply
Jason wrote: zombie wrote: Jason wrote: zombie wrote: i've seen all of the ones from the original series that i want to see.

Nooooo!!!! If you actually want to see a sequel from a film, wouldn't you want to see the whole thing? maybe it's just me. But I love watching the film series. I simply can't watch Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street without watching all of them.

i don't like what they did to jamie lloyd in the later sequels. i haven't seen them but i've been told enough about them, so yeah.

I never realized it, but Danielle Harris is an incredibly talented actress. Especially in the Halloween films.

she's good in the later halloween movies that she's in too. not jamie lloyd good but still good.

Jason
Charter Member


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: Hesperia, California USA
Posts: 38815
Favorite Films:  Clue, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, Psycho, The ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 10:13 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Jason wrote: zombie wrote: Jason wrote: zombie wrote: i've seen all of the ones from the original series that i want to see.

Nooooo!!!! If you actually want to see a sequel from a film, wouldn't you want to see the whole thing? maybe it's just me. But I love watching the film series. I simply can't watch Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street without watching all of them.

i don't like what they did to jamie lloyd in the later sequels. i haven't seen them but i've been told enough about them, so yeah.

I never realized it, but Danielle Harris is an incredibly talented actress. Especially in the Halloween films.

she's good in the later halloween movies that she's in too. not jamie lloyd good but still good.

She grew up to be a damn good lookin' chick, too.  :flower



____________________

Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 69850
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Fri Nov 5th, 2010 10:47 pm

Quote

Reply
There's RZ's H2, and everything else far below.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M

 Current time is 12:37 am
Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez