Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 


Worst actor working today?
 Moderated by: God  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78482
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 11:07 am

Quote

Reply
Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78482
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 11:08 am

Quote

Reply
Reign in Blood wrote: zombie wrote: i've only liked will ferrel in elf, stranger than fiction, and jay and silent bob strike back.

Good movies and perfomances. = Not the worst actor, Haters be hatin.

i didn't say he was the worst actor, just that i only like three of his movies.

Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 69901
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 01:24 pm

Quote

Reply
Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

:omg

You're a cunt, Seb. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some cunt kids.



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Lunachic
Charter Member


Joined: Fri Sep 26th, 2008
Location: Rocky Mountain High, USA
Posts: 27119
Favorite Films: ones that kill off dogfacedvapidattentionwhores who worship themselves
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 02:04 pm

Quote

Reply
My picks

Tom Cruise
Nick Cage
John Travolta
Will Smith
Eddie Murphy
Kevin Costner
Brad Pitt
Vin Diesel
Mark Wahlberg
Sam Worthington



____________________


Sebastian
Administrator


Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 61119
Favorite Films: Hellraiser, Takashi Miike films, Beat Takeshi films, Friday the 13th, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 03:46 pm

Quote

Reply
Reign in Blood wrote: Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

:omg

You're a cunt, Seb. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some cunt kids.
OI! You leave my cunt fucking kids out of it! What'd you have to go talking about my cunt fucking kids for!

:p Love that film. But again, love it because of Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. Colin nearly ruined it for me. Flashbacks of Alexander... :puke



____________________
Sebastian
Administrator


Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 61119
Favorite Films: Hellraiser, Takashi Miike films, Beat Takeshi films, Friday the 13th, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 03:48 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.
Not that I can recal, certainly not within the last decade or so. I recall thinking Pitt in 12 Monkeys was interesting. Farrell and Pitt both have always been lauded really highly and I have never really liked them in anything they've done, as such.



____________________
zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78482
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 03:59 pm

Quote

Reply
Sebastian wrote: zombie wrote: Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.
Not that I can recal, certainly not within the last decade or so. I recall thinking Pitt in 12 Monkeys was interesting. Farrell and Pitt both have always been lauded really highly and I have never really liked them in anything they've done, as such.

well then you have no room to gripe at me again for my dislike of some well favored actors. :p

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 60735
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:13 pm

Quote

Reply
Reign in Blood wrote:
Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

:omg

You're a cunt, Seb. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some cunt kids.


Seb is like the Armond White of HMF! :yee



____________________
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator


Joined: Mon Nov 8th, 2004
Location: Somewhere In The Armpit Of SoCal
Posts: 60735
Favorite Films: Halloween, The Thing, Jaws, Evil Dead II, An American Werewolf ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:14 pm

Quote

Reply
Sebastian wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote: Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

:omg

You're a cunt, Seb. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some cunt kids.
OI! You leave my cunt fucking kids out of it! What'd you have to go talking about my cunt fucking kids for!

:p Love that film. But again, love it because of Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. Colin nearly ruined it for me. Flashbacks of Alexander... :puke


Colin owned in that flick, only outshined by the ever awesome Fiennes, damn you!



____________________
Sebastian
Administrator


Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 61119
Favorite Films: Hellraiser, Takashi Miike films, Beat Takeshi films, Friday the 13th, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:27 pm

Quote

Reply
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sebastian wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote: Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

:omg

You're a cunt, Seb. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some cunt kids.
OI! You leave my cunt fucking kids out of it! What'd you have to go talking about my cunt fucking kids for!

:p Love that film. But again, love it because of Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. Colin nearly ruined it for me. Flashbacks of Alexander... :puke


Colin owned in that flick, only outshined by the ever awesome Fiennes, damn you!
He was not his usual annoying self, but I still thought he was the worst of the bunch.  Even liked the racist dwarf more.



____________________
Ava
Charter Member


Joined: Sat Jan 23rd, 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 35623
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:45 pm

Quote

Reply
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Ava wrote:

I also can't stand that guy who played with him in Stepbrothers. The one who did the Johnny Cash type of movie. He blows donkey as well.


You should see John C Reilly do dramas (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Good Girl, Gangs Of New York). He's fucking great there. I don't like his comedy, trying to coat tail Will Ferrill at his worst...
Out of those, I have seen Boogie Nights and Gangs. I'm going to say that they were  non remarkable performances for me since I can't remember shit about him in those. :p



____________________
Ava
Charter Member


Joined: Sat Jan 23rd, 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 35623
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Female
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:47 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.
I hate Cruise as well and normally feel the same about Travolta but I REALLY enjoyed his performance in The Taking of Pelham 123. I thought he was awesome.



____________________
Reign in Blood
Administrator


Joined: Thu Nov 11th, 2004
Location:  
Posts: 69901
Favorite Films: 
Gender: Male
Status:  Online
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:47 pm

Quote

Reply
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sebastian wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote: Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

:omg

You're a cunt, Seb. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some cunt kids.
OI! You leave my cunt fucking kids out of it! What'd you have to go talking about my cunt fucking kids for!

:p Love that film. But again, love it because of Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. Colin nearly ruined it for me. Flashbacks of Alexander... :puke


Colin owned in that flick, only outshined by the ever awesome Fiennes, damn you!

This. So this!



____________________

Cerebral Palsy Phase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Headhunter
Head of State


Joined: Sun May 28th, 2006
Location: Valencia, California USA
Posts: 35913
Favorite Films: '74 TCM, ANOES, Evil Dead series, The Thing, Motel Hell, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:50 pm

Quote

Reply
Sebastian wrote: Will Ferrel has only done one film I could stand him in, and that is Stranger Than Fiction. However, that film for some reason is one of my favourite films of all time, so he has at least 1 hit. For that reason, I don't think I could with good conscience put him on this list.

Worst Actors working today (for me) are the ones who consistently get lead roles and yet I can never stand. They worsen every film despite being the reason for seeing them. As such, this is a more personal list:

1. Leonardo di Caprio
2. Ben Affleck
3. Shia LeBoeuf
4. Danny Dyer
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Will Smith
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt
10. Adam Sandler


As I said, these are not the worst actors in terms of their inability to act, because that would involve picking only the lower C-listers and unknowns who have scrambled together a lead. Picking on blue-collar workmen like Obba Babatounde or Fred Thompson because they don't have great acting chops or don't stray far from their designed roles would be harsh. the list above is 10 guys that I can't name a film of theirs in which I liked them, in the past 8-10 years.

If nothing else I hope I got a bit of controversy going for ya. :p

You cunting fuck!

Headhunter
Head of State


Joined: Sun May 28th, 2006
Location: Valencia, California USA
Posts: 35913
Favorite Films: '74 TCM, ANOES, Evil Dead series, The Thing, Motel Hell, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:51 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.

I can see Travolta for he's made a lot of stinkers, but Tom Cruise? Really?

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78482
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:53 pm

Quote

Reply
Headhunter wrote: zombie wrote: Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.

I can see Travolta for he's made a lot of stinkers, but Tom Cruise? Really?

uh huh. both have managed to be in movies i like (and cruise has managed a couple of performances i liked, but generally they suck)

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78482
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:57 pm

Quote

Reply
Ava wrote: I hate Cruise as well and normally feel the same about Travolta but I REALLY enjoyed his performance in The Taking of Pelham 123. I thought he was awesome.

i haven't seen taking of pelham 123.. maybe i should.

Headhunter
Head of State


Joined: Sun May 28th, 2006
Location: Valencia, California USA
Posts: 35913
Favorite Films: '74 TCM, ANOES, Evil Dead series, The Thing, Motel Hell, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:58 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Headhunter wrote: zombie wrote: Sebastian wrote:
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Colin Farrell
9. Brad Pitt


really? none of them have done a performance that you've liked?

and this opens the door for two more of my picks. :p

tom cruise and john travolta.

I can see Travolta for he's made a lot of stinkers, but Tom Cruise? Really?

uh huh. both have managed to be in movies i like (and cruise has managed a couple of performances i liked, but generally they suck)

I disagree, and I think the Cruise hate is out of control. I have a hard time naming performances from him I've disliked. He was great in Tropic Thunder, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, Jerry Maguire, Interview with the Vampire, A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, The Color of Money, Top Gun and Risky Business.

That's just off the top of my head. :p

zombie
Administrator


Joined: Tue Nov 9th, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 78482
Favorite Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, ...
Gender: 
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 05:59 pm

Quote

Reply
Headhunter wrote: I disagree, and I think the Cruise hate is out of control. I have a hard time naming performances from him I've disliked. He was great in Tropic Thunder, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, Jerry Maguire, Interview with the Vampire, A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, The Color of Money, Top Gun and Risky Business.

That's just off the top of my head. :p

let me know what other opinions i'm not allowed to have? :p

Headhunter
Head of State


Joined: Sun May 28th, 2006
Location: Valencia, California USA
Posts: 35913
Favorite Films: '74 TCM, ANOES, Evil Dead series, The Thing, Motel Hell, ...
Gender: Male
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Jul 26th, 2010 06:00 pm

Quote

Reply
zombie wrote: Headhunter wrote: I disagree, and I think the Cruise hate is out of control. I have a hard time naming performances from him I've disliked. He was great in Tropic Thunder, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, Jerry Maguire, Interview with the Vampire, A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, The Color of Money, Top Gun and Risky Business.

That's just off the top of my head. :p

let me know what other opinions i'm not allowed to have? :p

Annie. :yee


 Current time is 06:23 pm
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez