Albums that defined your taste in music?

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: Albums that defined your taste in music?

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I have an extremely eclectic taste when it comes to music, but as for individual albums that mean a lot to me, they'd likely be stuff that most people here hate. :P
i feel the same way about the music i like. fuck what other people think? you like what you like. now share it! :P
I'm working on a list, but sadly, it'll be more than ten. :P

And unlike Jason, I count greatest hits compilations, because when you're a kid listening to your parents music, whether it's a studio album, EP, greatest hits, whatever, doesn't matter. :lol:
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I have an extremely eclectic taste when it comes to music, but as for individual albums that mean a lot to me, they'd likely be stuff that most people here hate. :P
i feel the same way about the music i like. fuck what other people think? you like what you like. now share it! :P
I'm working on a list, but sadly, it'll be more than ten. :P

And unlike Jason, I count greatest hits compilations, because when you're a kid listening to your parents music, whether it's a studio album, EP, greatest hits, whatever, doesn't matter. :lol:
if you wanna list more than ten, that's cool. i cut it off but i could have included more.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Cool thread. And while other's down the list certainly shaped my taste in music more as a growing lad, nothing hit like a sledge hammer and really got me into shit like the #1.

1. Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album)
2. Led Zeppelin IV
3. The Doors - The Doors
4. Def Leppard - Hysteria (As a kid in like the 2nd grade or some shit we were asked what our favorite song was, I picked "Pour Some Sugar On Me", the teacher almost shit herself, we striked up a nice friendship from that. In this day and age I probably would've gotten laid)
5. ACDC - Highway to Hell
6. Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
7. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
8. Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
9. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory
10. Prince - Purple Rain
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Yeah, the Black Album really does define my adolescence. Before that though, my parents would do road trips from Texas to California (visiting family) instead of flying, so The Wall was frequently listened to, and really got into it, memorizing the lyrics, album artwork, everything. Made the time pass so much faster, especially when there's nothing to see in Arizona and New Mexico. So I had to give The Wall the edge on that, over Metallica.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

KISS Alive II
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Anthrax - Among the Living
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
Run-DMC - Raising Hell
Jim Croche - Photographs and Memories (His Greatest Hits)
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill

Aside from Croche, who I didn't really get into until high school, this is the soundtrack to the first 12 or 13 years of my life.