Jewel

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Jewel

Post by zombie »

to me, i'm sensitive kind of feels too sappy. but i can appreciate the sentiment.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It is sappy. I have no idea why I like it. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

little sister and pieces of you are often the ones i listen to, most. they've never been absolute favorites, but still both good songs in my opinion. it kind of feels like a pair too, of all the songs. i don't know.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I can get behind that. I prefer Little Sister for sure, though. Sometimes Pieces of You gives me the giggles. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

yeah, agreed. little sister is the better song. why the giggles? is it too preachy or what?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

also, are there songs elsewhere that you prefer to the ones on that album? am i missing something great?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:yeah, agreed. little sister is the better song. why the giggles? is it too preachy or what?
I mean, the message is heard. But when she sings "faaaguuhhhhhhhhhht" I can't help it. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:yeah, agreed. little sister is the better song. why the giggles? is it too preachy or what?
I mean, the message is heard. But when she sings "faaaguuhhhhhhhhhht" I can't help it. :p
hehe that tends to make me uncomfortable and cringe a little bit, but no giggles.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:also, are there songs elsewhere that you prefer to the ones on that album? am i missing something great?
Not sure. I like a handful of songs outside her debut album, but that album had her best stuff, imo. Standing Still is probably my favorite outside of it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:also, are there songs elsewhere that you prefer to the ones on that album? am i missing something great?
Not sure. I like a handful of songs outside her debut album, but that album had her best stuff, imo. Standing Still is probably my favorite outside of it.
okay yeah, standing still is okay. and hands. (i think that's the title) and i kind of despise intuition, a little bit. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Intuition is a bad song that I love to love because Jewel is smokin hot and it comes through when she sings it and especially performs it live. Yowza.

Hands is p. good.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

hmm.. seeing her perform it live might make a difference. i've only ever heard it on the radio, i think.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Go to the opening post of this thread. :p

And if that performance doesn't quite get the mojo going, check out the performance on Leno...