Music Fiend

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Ava
Charter Member

Re: Music Fiend

Post by Ava »

Monster wrote:Just recently discovered the song Don’t Follow by Alice In Chains. Been listening to it a lot. Sorry to get melodramatic but I lost my nephew on Halloween to a heroin overdose and this song hit me like a ton of bricks. I helped raise that kid. In 29 years he went from being something like a son to something like a brother. My heart hurts and I don’t know how to make it stop.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were close. That is the wonderful thing about music. It can make us pumped up, or connect in a way that hurts. *hugs*
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Ava wrote:
Monster wrote:Just recently discovered the song Don’t Follow by Alice In Chains. Been listening to it a lot. Sorry to get melodramatic but I lost my nephew on Halloween to a heroin overdose and this song hit me like a ton of bricks. I helped raise that kid. In 29 years he went from being something like a son to something like a brother. My heart hurts and I don’t know how to make it stop.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were close. That is the wonderful thing about music. It can make us pumped up, or connect in a way that hurts. *hugs*
There really is no more beautiful an art form than music. No matter the mood or situation, like you say, something will connect.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
I think the reason I could never fully get into Alice in Chains was, despite the musicianship, it’s too morbid with Layne and all. Cries for help aren’t necessarily music. Sorry for your loss, my man. Heart is always gonna hurt and be burdened, my trick is to make the heart beat faster to drown out the rest, through laughing, dancing, music, fucking, smiling, whatever gets it going. But I’m kinda mad at your nephew. Don’t fuck with our Halloween esquire, damnit!
you're a metal guy... how can morbid and "cries for help" be such a problem to listen to in the context of music? :P
Most of my bands sing about chicks and doing drugs (perhaps on chicks, not ODing etc.), brah brah. ;) Just the way I like it.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
I think the reason I could never fully get into Alice in Chains was, despite the musicianship, it’s too morbid with Layne and all. Cries for help aren’t necessarily music. Sorry for your loss, my man. Heart is always gonna hurt and be burdened, my trick is to make the heart beat faster to drown out the rest, through laughing, dancing, music, fucking, smiling, whatever gets it going. But I’m kinda mad at your nephew. Don’t fuck with our Halloween esquire, damnit!
you're a metal guy... how can morbid and "cries for help" be such a problem to listen to in the context of music? :P
Most of my bands sing about chicks and doing drugs (perhaps on chicks, not ODing etc.), brah brah. ;) Just the way I like it.
That's good shit. Who needs help being depressed? Give me the good times.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Shit. Youtube ain't working. Nevermind.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

For anyone looking for something a little different. Droney electro-punk that's a little off. The title track was in the film The Guest, which is what brought them to my attention.

Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Despite being a christian metal band, I've always given Tourniquet a pass because the album Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance is fucking brilliant and their drummer is nuts. There's some weird shit on this album, so enjoy.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Just skimming through it, they definitely get into some nice grooves. 40:21, shit yeah.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughter, Havok, Tigg, none of you motherfuckers tell me about these dudes? This is probably the dopest thing I've found in the deep pandemic abyss here. Shit yeah!

Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:Slaughter, Havok, Tigg, none of you motherfuckers tell me about these dudes? This is probably the dopest thing I've found in the deep pandemic abyss here. Shit yeah!

Wow! This band was a huge influence on me. I literally was listening to this in the car the other day. It brought back good memories of my first real girlfriend when I was 15 years old. I would crank up my amp and jam to this one. Drove my parents nuts.

Check out the record before this one if ya haven't. Hall of the Mountain King. Very original sound.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I saw the video for the song already, with the fucking dwarf all LotR and shit, dope!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:I saw the video for the song already, with the fucking dwarf all LotR and shit, dope!
Yessssss!!!!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Can't stay, just party crashing real quick.

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

These two new ABBA songs are pretty fucking great.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I love music made by music nerds. Clowncore consists of two guys playing a mix of jazz and metal combined with a weird sense of humor. Both are amazing musicians, and have "normal" bands and solo projects, but this shit will always be my favorite thing they do. If you don't like this, but dig the drums or sax, look up Louis Cole for the drummer's stuff and Sam Gendel for the sax stuff.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

That falls into like more extreme metal and shiz for me, I get and appreciate some of the musicianship, but no way I am listening to that shit for any length of time. Similar to the video they did in the shitter, at least this has a comedy hook.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:That falls into like more extreme metal and shiz for me, I get and appreciate some of the musicianship, but no way I am listening to that shit for any length of time. Similar to the video they did in the shitter, at least this has a comedy hook.
Check out their normal stuff, then. It's more palatable for most people. Here's Louis Cole's band(give it a minute) and the band Knower.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Been listening to George Harrison a bit more lately.