Music Fiend

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Music Fiend

Post by Tiggnutz »

The loss of Chris Cornell is a horrible way to start a thread but myself like many was taken aback by it. What a voice and what a loss.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Music Fiend

Post by zombie »

Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

You can tell in his voice and stage movements that something was wrong. When he goes for applause near 5:30, you're able to tell in his response that he is coming to terms with his possible future actions and the lyrics to the following chorus seems to be spoken with realization, ease and clarity like a final goodbye.

Also, that guitar feedback at the end is basically the life slowly leaving the body and taking a journey to find it's final resting place.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"carbon monoxide. soon i'll go to sleep."

*listening to regina spektor*
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

https://youtu.be/BRiaroLhTEo

I like Firefall alot great band.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This is awesome. Comments section is hilarious.

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Time to pat my respects to Gregg Allman
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Still waiting, Tigg.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Reign,

What are your thoughts on the Nu-Metal genre? Were you into it during that period? I was a teenager between 00-04 when there was nothing but that type of music being released monthly from all these obscure bands that you heard one song on MTV2 and didn't know if the rest of the album was good or not. Bands like American Head Charge, Crossbreed, Adema, Flaw, Lollipop Lust Kill, From Zero, 40 Below Summer, Endo and countless other one album bands.

Are you a fan of or have listened to Spineshank at all? I'm hoping you've heard a few songs from them, if not you need to listen to The Height Of Callousness and Self Destructive Pattern.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote:Still waiting, Tigg.
That's between me and Gregg brother
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:Reign,

What are your thoughts on the Nu-Metal genre? Were you into it during that period? I was a teenager between 00-04 when there was nothing but that type of music being released monthly from all these obscure bands that you heard one song on MTV2 and didn't know if the rest of the album was good or not. Bands like American Head Charge, Crossbreed, Adema, Flaw, Lollipop Lust Kill, From Zero, 40 Below Summer, Endo and countless other one album bands.

Are you a fan of or have listened to Spineshank at all? I'm hoping you've heard a few songs from them, if not you need to listen to The Height Of Callousness and Self Destructive Pattern.
Welp, I was a late teenager-early 20's in that time, so I know nu-metal well enough. And yeah I was into it at the time. For me it was Limp Bizkit and Korn making the way, but Slipknot was coming up too, who I still dig. American Head Charge is hands down the worst fucking band I've ever seen live, just ridiculous and boo'd off the stage. I've heard of Spineshank but not one of their songs. Let me take a listen.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

korn and deftones are favorites of mine. the other nu-metal bands were hit and miss if i liked them at all. disturbed came closest to being a favorite, if they even qualify as nu metal? but not that you asked me anyways. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

spineshank is kind of fear factory-ish, from what i remember. but it's been years.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

They are. I don't like the scream-o stuff in general. I can dig the playing, but even Slipknot it's when Corey actually sings that I take interest.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I've been listening to Slipknot since I first saw the video for Wait And Bleed on MTV in 5th grade. My Mother took me to the store and placed the cd on layaway, when I finally got it my ears were ringing from how many times I replayed it. I still think Vol. 3 is their best album, it was released at the right time and place during my High School years and I hold it high for that regard.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Pulse of the Maggots will always be good shit to me.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

zombie wrote:

korn and deftones are favorites of mine. the other nu-metal bands were hit and miss if i liked them at all. disturbed came closest to being a favorite, if they even qualify as nu metal? but not that you asked me anyways. :P
No, it's cool.

These were the years of self discovery and figuring out what I liked and didn't like. I hated punk and I still do, that genre of music just wasn't my taste. I was hitting up this local music shop that used to be in front of the theater in the next town over or K-Mart and buying stuff like Cradle of Filth, Mushroomhead, Darwin's Waiting Room, Skrape No One, Unloco, Soil, Cold and No One.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Cradle of Filth's "From Cradle to Enslave" video is still one of the most mind-blowing things I've ever seen on shrooms (me and a chick were watching that in the dark and it fucked us up), and I can dig their cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote: No, it's cool.

These were the years of self discovery and figuring out what I liked and didn't like. I hated punk and I still do, that genre of music just wasn't my taste. I was hitting up this local music shop that used to be in front of the theater in the next town over or K-Mart and buying stuff like Cradle of Filth, Mushroomhead, Darwin's Waiting Room, Skrape No One, Unloco, Soil, Cold and No One.
fair enough. alternative and grunge is what had the most influence on me, when i was figuring out what i liked and didn't like. and punk / new wave seemed to play a large part in that style... so i kind of like it. :P (not all of it, but yeah)
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Pretty sure "From The Cradle To Enslave" was the song that got me into Cradle of Filth.