True Detective

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: True Detective

Post by showa58taro »

Jason is just being a little bitch.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:Jason is just being a little bitch.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

hmm.. if his being homosexual was so closely kept a secret that someone could use it to blackmail him... i could see him being emotionally unstable over that. it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

breaking bad was awesome. i'm not so big on true detective, from what i saw of it. i probably have the worst taste in television (among other things) on the board.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:hmm.. if his being homosexual was so closely kept a secret that someone could use it to blackmail him... i could see him being emotionally unstable over that. it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

breaking bad was awesome. i'm not so big on true detective, from what i saw of it. i probably have the worst taste in television (among other things) on the board.
He did some homo stuff and was blackmailed after he was already emotionally reckless.

How far did you get in season one?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:hmm.. if his being homosexual was so closely kept a secret that someone could use it to blackmail him... i could see him being emotionally unstable over that. it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

He did some homo stuff and was blackmailed after he was already emotionally reckless.

How far did you get in season one?
i got three or four episodes in. i couldn't tell you plot specifics or anything really. there was some bodies with horns and the two leads. that's what i remember. :P

oh okay. this seems a pretty big part of that season. was this anything to do with the murder(s) that were being investigated at all? (don't spoil identity of the killer or killers or anything)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The first season demands your attention. It's really easy to get lost if you daydream at all during the show. You should start from the beginning. If you feel you missed anything, just read the plot description on the season one wikipedia page for each episode you finish watching.

I guess it had something to do with the murders, but the season is just overall so damn terrible. I am on the last episode and don't even know if I want to finish it or not. It's that bad.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i could probably give the first season another go. but you guys have mentioned rachel mcadams in #2. i like rachel mcadams. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

She was OK in it. She certainly doesn't save the show at all. lol. Also, we were severely misled about her ass being in the show... Her ass is never seen. She's seen in granny panties once or twice and that is it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

okay. let me rephrase. i like rachel mcadams as an actress, not just as a lust object. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

She is a pretty good actress. But as I said, she played a decent character and was pretty good in the show, but she does nothing to save it from the trainwreck that it is.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

well i'll add true detective (and maybe season 2. :p ) to the list of shows i need to watch.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I strongly recommend watching season one.
I strongly recommend avoiding season two.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I think everyone had a collective sigh of "For Fuck Sakes" when they dropped that closet gayness on you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Someone said "can this shitty season get any worse"? The liberal Gods of Hollywood were listening.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Blame Nick Piss-a-lot-o who proved to not be such a genius writer and seemed lost without Fukunaga directing.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Bix

Post by Bix »

I thought season 2 was alright, but i'm not so quick to recommend it though. Season 1 however probably ranks way up there in the tip-top as one of the most solid seasons of a show ever made.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The new season starts Sunday. I have a good feeling it will be closer to 1st season quality than the epic turd 2nd season.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'm happy for my boy Stephen Dorff, outside of that it looks like trash.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

In the meanwhile: Assy McGee
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That writer Nick Piss-a-lot-o is an egomaniacal douchebag who would suck his own dick 24/7 if you cut his ribs out. I'm not getting my hopes up if no one is checking that guy, but will watch.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.