True Detective

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Jason
Administrator

Re: True Detective

Post by Jason »

Did you bros play that cover song in my original post?

Cutie has an old, classic country kind of sound. Almost resembles Dolly Parton.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Did you bros play that cover song in my original post?

Cutie has an old, classic country kind of sound. Almost resembles Dolly Parton.
Did. Tigg needs to see that ass tho.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'll say again, why a big deal about McAdams when you have Daddario?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:I'll say again, why a big deal about McAdams when you have Daddario?
Nothing.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Nothing what? :p
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I atreyu.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Man, I am getting pretty tired of all this forced liberal P.C. nonsense in practically every movie and TV show.

Moderate season 2 spoiler ahead: The character Woodrugh is introduced as a war vet, now motorcycle police officer who is struggling with some clearly major mental issues, presumably some form of PTSD from the war. Halfway into the show it turns out he's a closet homosexual trying to keep his gayness a secret... eyeroll.gif... So blatantly forced and totally unnecessary. Please tell me that he comes out of the closet in the final episode and is awarded the silver trophy of bravest and most courageous person on the planet behind only Bruce Jenner. Why half ass the forced liberalism? Go full ass and make it the whole she-bang of season two. Lord knows it's fucking godawful anyway. I mean Jesus Fuck... Colin Farrell plays the most intense and careless character in the entire show, then out of the blue turns down a blowie from Rachel McAdams because "this wouldn't help you", and "you're out of my league". What a fucking hero! But then the next night they both get plastered and make some fucky fucky. (wtf?!?!)

Tigg was right. This was the worst follow-up season in TV history, and it isn't just because of the forced liberalism that resulted in total inconsistencies of character habits, it's the lackluster storyline and the poor-and-overly-dramatic acting that makes it so hard to follow, let alone take seriously. The one thing this season should receive overwhelming praise for is being the ultimate cure for fucking insomnia.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

and now i wanna see it, to have an idea whether it feels justified in the show or not. often times, it feels like jason jumps to hating on anything that could be perceived as liberal agenda in any tiny way at all. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Well, it's exactly how I described it. I wouldn't subject myself to season two. Just watch season one and stop there.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Why is that a liberal agenda? Are there no gay people in conservative media? Surely that’s a bigger issue.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I don't think I said "agenda". Just overly forced, liberal nonsense.Twisting a character's ruthless and careless patterns to make him a hero for suddenly having a revelation and turning down a blowie is forced liberalism. Revealing halfway into the show that a combat war veteran's mental issue he's been struggling with is not the shit he had to endure in war, but rather hiding his closet gayness is forced liberalism. As if being gay is a struggle that is worse than going through a war. Being gay is about the highest honor you can receive in today's society,

Having said that, it hardly made the show any worse, just something to lol at.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Again. Gay character. Not a liberal thing. Having gay people in a show is perfectly legit. If anything it’s a conservative version of a gay man. Heavily conflicted. Unhappy with himself and his life, struggling for identity, feeling uncomfortable being openly gay. He’s definitely not a liberal paragon of homosexuality and the fact that you view it as a liberal thing is fucking weird, frankly.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I am talking about the show, Seb. It is a liberal thing to plot-twist the character of a combat veteran's mental struggles into closet gayness.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:I am talking about the show, Seb. It is a liberal thing to plot-twist the character of a combat veteran's mental struggles into closet gayness.
Why? What does that have to do with liberals? It’s not a twist at all and it doesn’t take awY the PRSD aspect.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Because liberals run Hollywood and constantly force their nonsense into TV and movies. Did you not see the liberal circle jerk that is the Golden Globes, the other day? Tim Allen's successful Conservative comedy was canceled for no other reason than it being Conservative. Liberals run (and ruin) Hollywood. They also love to poke underage children, but there's already a thread for that in the politics board.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:I am talking about the show, Seb. It is a liberal thing to plot-twist the character of a combat veteran's mental struggles into closet gayness.
could it be that just part of his instability is to do with being closet gay? couldn't it be both? or did the show make it clear that it was all to do with his homosexuality?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
could it be that just part of his instability is to do with being closet gay? couldn't it be both? or did the show make it clear that it was all to do with his homosexuality?
They never explained why he is emotionally unstable until the closet gayness was revealed. It was quite clear.

Have you seen season one?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
They never explained why he is emotionally unstable until the closet gayness was revealed. It was quite clear.

Have you seen season one?
i've seen most of season one.

was it like he felt forced to keep it private because of being in the military? did he actually see any combat at all? i'm probably being bothersome... hence why i should probably just give the show a watch. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

NO! Don't even bother with season two. It is totally godawful. The only reason it was quite clear is because once it was revealed he was gay, he was becoming much more nervous about the reveal. He was being blackmailed.

How have you only seen most of season one? Did you just start it? Because I can't fathom watching season one of this show, and then not having the ultimate desire to finish it asap. It is the best thing since Breaking Bad.