PS4 Discussion

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: PS4 Discussion

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I traded RED Dead in for Resident Evil 2 it's downloading as we speak
Why trade?
Got 22 bones for Red Dead
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:You guys died?
Yes, it's pretty common for non-hardcore gamers like me. Though mine was simply because I ran out of ammo and I don't watch playthroughs ahead of time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I also died a lot as Claire on the 2nd playthrough due to lack of items and stuck on Caution for a long time, having to maneuver though a hall that had several Lickers.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I expect I will die a lot until I start aiming better and quit wasting ammo
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:That’s why I’m not buying that. I want to live.
I would feel very bored if I'm running around and things are too easy.

Much of my challenge though with this game was a faulty controller. Got a new one, suddenly I move better, I can actually run on command, lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Not sure how many times I died in that game, tbh. A dozen or so.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Not sure how many times I died in that game, tbh. A dozen or so.
I'd say at least a handful as Leon, countless as Claire lol.

I did see on a walkthrough when I was stuck as her (I do look when I'm stuck), that the 2nd run does specifically feature tougher zombies, more of them, and fewer ammo, so it wasn't just my imagination lol.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I did my worst with handling the Sherry section in Claire's story. 100% due to the faulty controller struggling to let me run. And it wasn't the sneaking around part, I aced that shit first try. It's the sprint after I get the key. I gave up after countless "captures" and bought a new controller. When it came in, took only a couple tries to time his sprinting ass just right to get through, but the new controller let me run freely lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Don't let Alli's cheeto fingers near the new one. :p

Still haven't played Claire's story, yet. But I went through Leon's campaign on standard and it was already tough enough. Need ammo, plz.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I beat Resident Evil 4 enough times that I can start with the infinite rocket launcher and magnum with like 60 or 70 bullets. While awesome, the normal playthrough is so much better.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

See I'm fine with dying and throwing challenges at me and shiz, but I hate being stuck or in a pinch because of ammo rationing. At least let me effectively use my mitts or summat.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:See I'm fine with dying and throwing challenges at me and shiz, but I hate being stuck or in a pinch because of ammo rationing. At least let me effectively use my mitts or summat.
Last of Us was great at that.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Don't let Alli's cheeto fingers near the new one. :p

Still haven't played Claire's story, yet. But I went through Leon's campaign on standard and it was already tough enough. Need ammo, plz.
lol, I told her essentially the same thing.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'm at the last save spot before the first final boss battle. Low on ammo, low on back-up health. Shit's gonna be "fun" :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Much of my challenge though with this game was a faulty controller. Got a new one, suddenly I move better, I can actually run on command, lol.
I’m easily amused and often in it for the story. RedDead 2 for example has awesome characters and quests and sidestories I FoI d intrigueing. It wouldn’t have helped me if I kept dying and restarting missions just to “make it harder” since I’m meant to be an epic cowboy with skills. Same with the recently played God of War. I want to see how it plays through. The near impossible Valkyrie battles were just a pain in the ass ultimately. But the story is good.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Second RE2 sesh was a lot smoother have not died since and I just got the key card to go get the shotty
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:Second RE2 sesh was a lot smoother have not died since and I just got the key card to go get the shotty
I recall it pretty smooth, though tough, for a while, until I had more regular joystick problems. Shotgun's a godsend.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I'm at the last save spot before the first final boss battle. Low on ammo, low on back-up health. Shit's gonna be "fun" :P
I fucked myself at a boss battle when I played Code Veronica. There's a tyrant-type guy in an airplane, and I think I blew out all my ammo and saved right before I went in, so I had like five bullets and none were laying around in the plane to pick up. lol. I can't remember exactly how I got the fuck out of that jam. Tough ass game, though. Definitely one of the tougher Resident Evil games.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I'm at the last save spot before the first final boss battle. Low on ammo, low on back-up health. Shit's gonna be "fun" :P
I fucked myself at a boss battle when I played Code Veronica. There's a tyrant-type guy in an airplane, and I think I blew out all my ammo and saved right before I went in, so I had like five bullets and none were laying around in the plane to pick up. lol. I can't remember exactly how I got the fuck out of that jam. Tough ass game, though. Definitely one of the tougher Resident Evil games.
Remember the plant zombies in the labs? Remember how the fire grenades take them down? Well as Claire on the second run, they get back up and take two rounds of fire grenades. Heads' up :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:
Remember the plant zombies in the labs? Remember how the fire grenades take them down? Well as Claire on the second run, they get back up and take two rounds of fire grenades. Heads' up :P
They came back to life on me in my first run with Leon, too. Could've been because I started out on standard mode.