007 - All Things Bond

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: 007 - All Things Bond

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:Bond is a fictional character. He could be black or gay. Or not. I'd be happy with whatever.
Okay I don't have a problem with his race although my preference is a British white guy, but no way in hell Bond should be gay. The womanizing is all rolled into the Bond personality, which is far more important than whether he's white or not. Just be true to the character.

Just my thoughts.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Bond is a fictional character. He could be black or gay. Or not. I'd be happy with whatever.
Okay I don't have a problem with his race although my preference is a British white guy, but no way in hell Bond should be gay. The womanizing is all rolled into the Bond personality, which is far more important than whether he's white or not. Just be true to the character.

Just my thoughts.
Then he could be porkin' trannies like they're going out of style, make Seb happy.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jamie Bond infiltrating the secret world of sleazy transgender Hollywood producers. Makes some pit stops on Santa Monica Blvd. for quickies.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:

Just my thoughts.
Bond becoming black or gay makes even less sense than casting two white dudes to play Craig and Smokey in a Friday remake.

They already made Felix Leiter black. Moneypenny black. Making Bond black would make it clear enough they're trying to phase out white people. Lol
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Just my thoughts.
Bond becoming black or gay makes even less sense than casting two white dudes to play Craig and Smokey in a Friday remake.

They already made Felix Leiter black. Moneypenny black. Making Bond black would make it clear enough they're trying to phase out white people. Lol
He can have all his classic personality traits and still be black. He can't have all his classic personality traits while fucking dudes. Like I said, I'd rather stay the course but there's a pretty big difference here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Not sure how accurate the article is about these Bonds and whether or not they're even running. Some solid and terrible choices, as far as looks go. But I want somebody relatively unknown, or at least unknown to me. So my votes are going to those guys, just based off their looks.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... dris-elba/

Turner, Huston, Bell, Norton. In that order. Hell no to the rest.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

If Tom Hardy, Hiddleston, Elba or Fassbender are cast, I don't think it'll feel like a James Bond movie to me.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Aidan Turner is the only one I'd like to see out of the bunch. He's unknown enough to not have baggage, and even his high profile movies had him under wigs and make-up. I still don't see Fassbender in an action role, and while Skull Island proved to me that Hiddleston could step up to action, he still has his popular Loki baggage. Elba has already nabbed a famously white literary role that may become a franchise. ;p

I wouldn't be able to take Bell seriously. He's like the British Shia Lebouf to me. Put on as much muscle as they want, they still look like little boys.

Norton looks like he could be the new Jaws. Huston looks pretty but forgettable (which could be good for a spy, I guess). I know nothing of these two outside the pictures shown.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

aidan turner was my first pick from that bunch, just based on the pictures. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

He looks almost Connery-esque. He is far and away my #1 pick of the bunch.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Headhunter wrote:Jamie Bond infiltrating the secret world of sleazy transgender Hollywood producers. Makes some pit stops on Santa Monica Blvd. for quickies.
Jamie Bell would be great in this role!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jack Huston based on those.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Idris Elba would be my pick. I think he can bring an interesting dynamic to the role. Maybe Huddleston too. Turner isn't really my kind of actor.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

going by what i've heard, the bond talk is actually negatively affecting elba's career at a point. he wants to move on, reportedly. and i don't think hiddleston would make a good choice myself.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Idris Elba would be better as a super-genius Bond villain than playing Bond.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:Idris Elba would be better as a super-genius Bond villain than playing Bond.
Never thought of that before but he could totally kill it as a Bond villain.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Headhunter wrote:Idris Elba would be better as a super-genius Bond villain than playing Bond.
Dude
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"unlike the american government, we prefer not to get our bad news from cnn." :P

goldeneye has a lot of exposition. i guess that's the boring that head was talking about. but i thought it was cool. still would rank it top 10, personally.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

With A View to a Kill out of the way, there are only two more "sit through it" Bond flicks left (TND, QoS).

Now onto one of the best installments in the entire franchise. The Living Daylights.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Something about that cute little Cellist in The Living Daylights makes her one of my favorite Bond girls.