Top 10 Taylor Swift Songs

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Top 10 Taylor Swift Songs

Post by zombie »

Dream wrote:
Headhunter wrote:We need a Worst Taste in Music thread to see if you can defend the crown.

Being realistic, I would probably drag Z down with me on that one.
not realistic. i like a lot of "crap" that you don't, particularly.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I am just glad I have impeccable taste.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Is there any other artist as popular/well-recognized as Taylor Swift, right now? Every song she releases seems to instantly turn to gold. Can't say the same for any artist, today. She is in a league of her own. Dare I say a modern day Springsteen after his Born In The U.S.A. album skyrocketed him to unimaginable heights.
you like her the most, no doubt, but it looks like she has competition. in beyonce, lady gaga, rihanna, sia, katy perry. etc. do you have something to back this up, or is it just your bias and such?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Is there any other artist as popular/well-recognized as Taylor Swift, right now? Every song she releases seems to instantly turn to gold. Can't say the same for any artist, today. She is in a league of her own. Dare I say a modern day Springsteen after his Born In The U.S.A. album skyrocketed him to unimaginable heights.

you like her the most, no doubt, but it looks like she has competition. in beyonce, lady gaga, rihanna, sia, katy perry. etc. do you have something to back this up, or is it just your bias and such?
Modern day Springsteen is a stretch Mariah Carey and others have had the same success.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

honestly when he said most dynamic, i took it to be more subjective, more just about his personal taste. and, to me, dynamic is something like most creatively and / or visually interesting and charismatic. something like jim morrison, david bowie, michael jackson, prince, madonma. maybe. artists like that.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:honestly when he said most dynamic, i took it to be more subjective, more just about his personal taste. and, to me, dynamic is something like most creatively and / or visually interesting and charismatic. something like jim morrison, david bowie, michael jackson, prince, madonma. maybe. artists like that.
Yeah she is very talented but not in class with any of those.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:honestly when he said most dynamic, i took it to be more subjective, more just about his personal taste. and, to me, dynamic is something like most creatively and / or visually interesting and charismatic. something like jim morrison, david bowie, michael jackson, prince, madonma. maybe. artists like that.
i prefer taylor swift to at least one of those that i listed. but "dynamic" is pretty subjective, to me. i think amanda palmer is probably one of the most dynamic artists recently. but she (or the dresden dolls) don't really have a large following, the way that taylor swift has.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
i prefer taylor swift to at least one of those that i listed. but "dynamic" is pretty subjective, to me. i think amanda palmer is probably one of the most dynamic artists recently. but she (or the dresden dolls) don't really have a large following, the way that taylor swift has.
All of those you listed were ground breakers even if you don't like them you can't deny their imprint on music. I can't say Taylor has done that yet.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
All of those you listed were ground breakers even if you don't like them you can't deny their imprint on music. I can't say Taylor has done that yet.
Its all subjective I guess
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
agreed, they're all groundbreakers. that part is not subjective. are there any recent artists that you would consider to be groundbreakers? (let's say 90s onward)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
agreed, they're all groundbreakers. that part is not subjective. are there any recent artists that you would consider to be groundbreakers? (let's say 90s onward)
Hmm good question. Nirvana for sure
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

zombie wrote:
Dream wrote:
Headhunter wrote:We need a Worst Taste in Music thread to see if you can defend the crown.

my recent love of lots of youtube musicians would probably drag you down :P Plus folksy stuff and really old stuff, and poppy stuff, and emo stuff, and there's a good chance I like the most random shit out of everyone here :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Dream wrote:
zombie wrote:
Dream wrote:

my recent love of lots of youtube musicians would probably drag you down :P Plus folksy stuff and really old stuff, and poppy stuff, and emo stuff, and there's a good chance I like the most random shit out of everyone here :P
you might like the most random stuff, but i'd be close behind. i'm dragging down all on my own. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Merry Swiftmas.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Kind of crazy to think that Taylor Swift is one of my all time favorite music artists. She's not top ten all time status, but my taste in music is 95% pre-1990, so I just kind of associated with her in a totally different era and never threw her in with all the other music I listened to. She's becoming an all-time fav, and it's really weird to actually be a huge fan of a music artist who is at their peak in popularity and dropping albums every couple of years.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

what is it about her that appeals to you, when seemingly no other artist does at all? what makes her stand out to you?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

She has a unique sound and is a true A-list celebrity. She genuinely appreciates her fans, which is a rarity among celebrities, it seems. She invited hundreds of randomly chosen fans to her house to celebrate the release of her 1989 album, which she debuted for them before the album was even released. She made cookies for them and had a dance party and shit. She reads comments, meets random fans, and surprises them at their homes. When a fan meets her and invites her to an event, she actually shows up a lot of the time.

Honestly, shit like that makes the music even more enjoyable, but regardless of that, the music is still really enjoyable. I dig the different sides you get to see in her albums.
Red: Relationship Taylor
1989: Upbeat, fun, give-no-fucks Taylor
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

she does seem like a really good person. i don't know that would impact my determining favorite musicians personally, but everyone takes different factors to account.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Updated list. Added a new song from her new album, and a new #1.

10) We Are Never Getting Back Together
9) Starlight
8) Love Story
7) 22
6) ...Ready For It?
5) State Of Grace
4) You Belong With Me
3) Blank Space
2) I Knew You Were Trouble
1) Style
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Lots of bad 70s soft rock crap. Also, T-Swizzle.
I'm gonna drop a truth bomb on you here, but first, Jiggy is kind of the voice for 70s soft rock here. I am total 70s and 80s hard rock/ metal.

Truth bomb: Everyone likes Taylor Swift, but not everyone chooses to admit it.
You like Bob fucking Seger. There's nothing hard rock about him. That's limp dick rock.
:x
Ban please. :arrow: