Top 10 Taylor Swift Songs

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Top 10 Taylor Swift Songs

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Also, Beyonce didn't go anywhere. She's as pipular now as she's ever been.
Where I've never liked a fucking thing she's done.
Not a fan either. She has a rabid and loyal fanbase though.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Also, Beyonce didn't go anywhere. She's as pipular now as she's ever been.
Where I've never liked a fucking thing she's done.
Destiny's Child > Beyonce and I'm not joking about this.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Beyonce had her moment, and still has a large fan base, but she disappeared. Her aura will never come back. Adele is as popular as she'll ever be right now, and is still a distant #2 to Taylor. Not saying she doesn't have competition in the music business, but her star power is unmatched, right now. As far as personal preference, Taylor is probably by far my favorite artist of the last 25 years.

When I bought the CD and listened to it, I played through it all and the ones that stood out are the ones I've been playing. Gonna revisit them all again soon.

I bought those magazine/booklet things that are advertised next to her CDs, too. There are two volumes and I bought both. They both have the CD inside with a page of cardboard and you can build the CD yourself. Pretty neat option, and now I have three of her albums. :p

It's loaded with pictures, handwritten lyrics to every song, an artistic poster and other stuff. Advertised at 19.99 for both of them, barely made the plunge. Cutie rang me up and it turns out they were only 12 each. Woo!
taylor swift is my favorite of the few that i mentioned as competition. she's never going to be a favorite artist though, but then my taste in music is very suspect. :P
You're coming around! Make a top five? Or a top ten if you can?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Rap God is one of the worst songs in his entire catalogue. That was sad to listen to.
Your taste in rap stinks!
Dude that song was TRASH. He tried so hard too. It was like a washed up basketball player taking 40 shots and bricking 33.

If he OD'd after Eminem Show, he'd be talked about the way Biggie and Pac are.
Last edited by Headhunter on Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Rap God is one of the worst songs in his entire catalogue. That was sad to listen to.
Dude that song was TRASH. He tried so hard too. It was like a washed up basketball player taking 40 shots and bricking 33.

If he OD'd after Eminem Shiw, he'd be talked about the way Biggie and Pac are.
He already is being talked about with them. His collabs suck. Rap God was ace. Out of nowhere just dropped a track that showcased his speed and unmatched lyricism.

Internet destroyed him with the Trump-Stan meme, though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

If he OD'd after Eminem Shiw, he'd be talked about the way Biggie and Pac are.
He already is being talked about with them. His collabs suck. Rap God was ace. Out of nowhere just dropped a track that showcased his speed and unmatched lyricism.

Internet destroyed him with the Trump-Stan meme, though.
He has released too many shitty albums to be talked about with those two. Resume tainted with too much garbage. Rap God was a corny mess.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slim Shady LP2 or whatever it's called is where he should have called it quits, imo. He had that drought starting in like 04 or 05 and LP2 brought the aura back. Should've dropped the mic on Rap God and retired champ, imo.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Beyonce had her moment, and still has a large fan base, but she disappeared. Her aura will never come back. Adele is as popular as she'll ever be right now, and is still a distant #2 to Taylor. Not saying she doesn't have competition in the music business, but her star power is unmatched, right now. As far as personal preference, Taylor is probably by far my favorite artist of the last 25 years.

When I bought the CD and listened to it, I played through it all and the ones that stood out are the ones I've been playing. Gonna revisit them all again soon.

I bought those magazine/booklet things that are advertised next to her CDs, too. There are two volumes and I bought both. They both have the CD inside with a page of cardboard and you can build the CD yourself. Pretty neat option, and now I have three of her albums. :p

It's loaded with pictures, handwritten lyrics to every song, an artistic poster and other stuff. Advertised at 19.99 for both of them, barely made the plunge. Cutie rang me up and it turns out they were only 12 each. Woo!
taylor swift is my favorite of the few that i mentioned as competition. she's never going to be a favorite artist though, but then my taste in music is very suspect. :P
the same way you're coming around on nirvana? sure. :P i can't do a definitive top 5-10 swift songs.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Slim Shady LP2 or whatever it's called is where he should have called it quits, imo. He had that drought starting in like 04 or 05 and LP2 brought the aura back. Should've dropped the mic on Rap God and retired champ, imo.
Retiring after releasing four shitty albums in a row wouldn't help much either.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

the same way you're coming around on nirvana? sure. :P i can't do a definitive top 5-10 swift songs.
3? :p
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Slim Shady LP2 or whatever it's called is where he should have called it quits, imo. He had that drought starting in like 04 or 05 and LP2 brought the aura back. Should've dropped the mic on Rap God and retired champ, imo.
To be fair, I haven't even listened to LP2. Just one or two tracks from it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
To be fair, I haven't even listened to LP2. Just one or two tracks from it.
It is better than Encore, Relapse and Recovery but it is still pretty underwhelming. First three albums were amazing but he now has more bad albums than good ones. Cannot qualify for any GOAT lists with that.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I reckon. My rap knowledge is limited, so I really won't have a respectable opinion. He will always be in tier-1, though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:I reckon. My rap knowledge is limited, so I really won't have a respectable opinion. He will always be in tier-1, though.
Tier 1 peak for sure.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

not definitive. :P i'll give the new album a listen and get back to you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

Did you buy it?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

Did you buy it?
nuh uh. spotify. again, she's not a favorite of mine.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the best i can do right now is top three. bad blood, state of grace, and style. nothing else really stands out for me at all.

my favorite recent-ish pop singers are tegan and sara, regina spektor, lana del rey, pink, shakira, christina aguilera, kelly clarkson, kimbra, and bat for lashes.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Not a Blank Space or I Knew You Were Trouble fan?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I think you'd like The Lucky One, Starlight and All Too Well from her Red album. If you haven't heard those, already. They're kind of in the same sound category as State of Grace.