Guitar Talk

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Guitar Talk

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Hey Reign, have you heard the new Mesa Boogie Badlander Rectifier yet?

I've heard a handful of amazing sounding demos, and mostly bland sounding demos. I'm conflicted if it's amazing or not.
I have not. I do know some popping around Guitar Center lately, I'll ask about it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Now that Gibson, a company well known now for shit quality control for the past several years, just bought Mesa Boogie, I kinda want to scoop up a Badlander as it's the last Mesa before the acquisition. My credit card however is shaking in its boots :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Now that Gibson, a company well known now for shit quality control for the past several years, just bought Mesa Boogie, I kinda want to scoop up a Badlander as it's the last Mesa before the acquisition. My credit card however is shaking in its boots :P
Gibson has had a new CEO for a year or so now. My gear snob buddies say they are making awesome shit again. When Fender bought out Charvel years ago, it worked out for both companies. Let's hope the same is true for Mesa. I need to check out that Badlands amp. I keep seeing advertisements for it lol
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Now that Gibson, a company well known now for shit quality control for the past several years, just bought Mesa Boogie, I kinda want to scoop up a Badlander as it's the last Mesa before the acquisition. My credit card however is shaking in its boots :P
Gibson has had a new CEO for a year or so now. My gear snob buddies say they are making awesome shit again. When Fender bought out Charvel years ago, it worked out for both companies. Let's hope the same is true for Mesa. I need to check out that Badlands amp. I keep seeing advertisements for it lol
I hope this is true. I saw one commenter mention something similar, but every other Mesa fan has been crying "NOOOOOOOOOO!" lol

This was one of the better demos I've come across. It could just be settings, but I like more mids in my crunch than the slushy sound that are usually popping up with these demos.

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Even newer demo showing off it's range. Wasn't expecting to hear Vai & Van Halen-like tones out of it either. (and recorded better than the previous one)