Guitar Talk

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Guitar Talk

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Dusted off the baby, start jamming for about 2 hours, among that trying to record a whopping 40-50 seconds of riffage for the tune I'm making for that Pathfinder Game Youtube channell. Took a little bit to get stuff dialed back in to where I like it, it got tasty. I hope to have a finished version of the tune done within a couple weeks (hey, I work full time and I hate working on this stuff when Alli's at home).

Wasn't planning on it, but I may add a lead track when the riff really kicks in, to punch it up some more.

Jmac and I keep our gain at about 2 O'Clock instead of maxed out 5 O'Clock.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Guitar Talk

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Dusted off the baby, start jamming for about 2 hours, among that trying to record a whopping 40-50 seconds of riffage for the tune I'm making for that Pathfinder Game Youtube channell. Took a little bit to get stuff dialed back in to where I like it, it got tasty. I hope to have a finished version of the tune done within a couple weeks (hey, I work full time and I hate working on this stuff when Alli's at home).

Wasn't planning on it, but I may add a lead track when the riff really kicks in, to punch it up some more.

Jmac and I keep our gain at about 2 O'Clock instead of maxed out 5 O'Clock.
It's the only way to be lol
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Is your recording set up expensive? I need to seriously get something besides using my voice recorder on my phone. The older I get, I realize that I haven't been much for recording my ideas, or just in general. Now that my kids are older, I want them to get to know me better through my music. If that makes sense, lol. I really don't have much to show.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

There better be some fucking vocals on this shit! :p

"...gonna take you back to the past..."
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Is your recording set up expensive? I need to seriously get something besides using my voice recorder on my phone. The older I get, I realize that I haven't been much for recording my ideas, or just in general. Now that my kids are older, I want them to get to know me better through my music. If that makes sense, lol. I really don't have much to show.
How is it possible you have been a professional musician for like 20 years and do not have a recording device other than a cell phone? My friend's child is a full blown retard and records music into his tablet with a $15 device he purchased at Walmart.

You can do it! :p
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:Is your recording set up expensive? I need to seriously get something besides using my voice recorder on my phone. The older I get, I realize that I haven't been much for recording my ideas, or just in general. Now that my kids are older, I want them to get to know me better through my music. If that makes sense, lol. I really don't have much to show.
Yes, though I basically said "fuckit" and got lucky with being approved for a Sweetwater credit card and loaded up :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:There better be some fucking vocals on this shit! :p

Nah, lol
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:
How is it possible you have been a professional musician for like 20 years and do not have a recording device other than a cell phone? My friend's child is a full blown retard and records music into his tablet with a $15 device he purchased at Walmart.

This is true. Even in my high school days, other guitar players had tapes they recorded with shitty built-in microphones on the tape player. There's probably some of me still floating around in a basement somewhere.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:

Nah, lol
You gotta invoke the title, sir! I give movies an additional star when the theme song invokes the title. For a youtube video, it is the difference between watching or not.

"Come and knock on our door...play a game that is new...where the dice rolls are hers, and hers, and his...play Pathfinder too..."
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:

Nah, lol
You gotta invoke the title, sir! I give movies an additional star when the theme song invokes the title. For a youtube video, it is the difference between watching or not.

"Come and knock on our door...play a game that is new...where the dice rolls are hers, and hers, and his...play Pathfinder too..."
Nope.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Foo wrote:

Nah, lol

Nope.
"Board game! na na nana na na nana Board Game!"

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have Pathfinder. Pathfinder...oh the world never seems, to be livin in up to your dreams..Pathfinder is all about you...you ew ooh ooh ew ooh.."

"Pathfinder will be there for you...when the rain starts to pour...Pathfinder will be there for you...like its been there before..."
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:

Lmao! Yeah man......I can't explain it. I am more of a live performance kind of guy.

Who am I kidding....I guess I am just lazy. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

To play the shitty riffs that suck ass. :p
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:

Nah, lol

I swear to God it's like we're connected PLATONICALLY.

My fav Roper joke was the one where he goes " send Jack to change the light bulb. He'll just float up there". Lol.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:

Nah, lol

I swear to God it's like we're connected PLATONICALLY.

My fav Roper joke was the one where he goes " send Jack to change the light bulb. He'll just float up there". Lol.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:

Well thanks.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:

Well thanks.
Iz joke. Iz AVGN reference.

Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Oh my fucking God...my Marshall DSL100 has major mojo. So much bottom end....but clarity when I play chords even with the gain turned up. Amazing amp.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Hey Reign, have you heard the new Mesa Boogie Badlander Rectifier yet?

I've heard a handful of amazing sounding demos, and mostly bland sounding demos. I'm conflicted if it's amazing or not.