A Nightmare on Elm Street II Freddy’s Revenge

Before you screamed, before your soul was torn apart
And before he knew what you did Last Summer
The most terrifying name in horror was on Elm Street
Lunachic
Charter Member

A Nightmare on Elm Street II Freddy’s Revenge

Post by Lunachic »

Was on an Elm Street marathon since early am . I don’t know why but this one gets the most laughs out of me . I just adore it :oops: oh Jesse :shock: perfect choice for a host body lmfao
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street II Freddy’s Revenge

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

2 is great. The gay "subtext" adds to the movie, and makes it feel even darker. I don't think it deviates that far from what Wes set out either, as much as he complained.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I love part 2. It's my second favorite after 3.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

With part 2’s it’s hit or miss , this one is a hit
Kwik Kash

Post by Kwik Kash »

To be fair, "the rules" are what many viewers bring up in their complaints of this film, even though these rules aren't concretely established - it's one reason the film makers go a little wild. That said...

This film has an appeal, be it for the gay subtext or just another film with Freddy, before he drifts more towards being comical. I, personally, feel the film would be better as it's own movie. However, I also believe without the Freddy tie in the film would be forgotten, buried under the plethora of horror films of that era. A Catch 22, if you will.
" The best way to keep one's word is to never give it. "
JoeWinko

Post by JoeWinko »

i always loved this movie :) i remember watching it as a kid :)
back when i was a kid, my adoptive parents had the VHS collection of all the freddy krueger movies and for some reason, the tape for nightmare on elm street 2 was broken and didnt work, so it's always been a mystery to me until one night i convinced my parents to rent it from hollywood video. I loved how dark/creepy it was compared to the other films :) it also had a unique soundtrack as well.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Indeed. That pool sequence, with my personal favorite quote of the series ("You are all my children now"), is definitely fantastic. Odd at times, but has a solid vibe.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
JoeWinko

Post by JoeWinko »

Jigsaw wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:20 pm Indeed. That pool sequence, with my personal favorite quote of the series ("You are all my children now"), is definitely fantastic. Odd at times, but has a solid vibe.
oh yeah :D I loved that part too :D and seeing freddy mow down all the kids at the pool party who were completely defenceless agaisnt him