Metallica

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
showa58taro
Administrator

Metallica

Post by showa58taro »

Seeing the legends that are Metallica live at the O2 Arena in London tonight. Very excited.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Metallica

Post by Jmac Attack »

Hell yeah! My brother has seen them 11 times since the 80s. Only one time he said they had an off night. But 3 times he said they had a top 10 show, and he has seen just about any metal band I can think of.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Can't say I've liked Metallica since the black album. Tried some of the newest stuff, just seemed meh. You might get a kick out of this, though:

Two guys into hip hop hear Master of Puppets for the first time. I normally hate reaction videos, but their metal stuff has been good.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Seen them a few times and its always great
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:Can't say I've liked Metallica since the black album. Tried some of the newest stuff, just seemed meh. You might get a kick out of this, though:

Two guys into hip hop hear Master of Puppets for the first time. I normally hate reaction videos, but their metal stuff has been good.
That was a great reaction video. Not fond of the pausing, lol.

They need to listen to Orion now, methinks.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I love how they loved Kirk's solo though. And how their heads bobbed to the rhythm.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

They were immense live. Just fucking bossed it. And I tell you what, I thought I liked the new stuff that I bought. I fucking loved it live. So good. Moth Into Fkane, Spit Out The Bone, Hardwired. Great stadium songs. They finished on Enter Sandman. So many singing voices. Was immense. So fucking immense. Pretty sure I’ve lost my voice though.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:They were immense live. Just fucking bossed it. And I tell you what, I thought I liked the new stuff that I bought. I fucking loved it live. So good. Moth Into Fkane, Spit Out The Bone, Hardwired. Great stadium songs. They finished on Enter Sandman. So many singing voices. Was immense. So fucking immense. Pretty sure I’ve lost my voice though.
They're playing Spit Out The Bone finally? 'Bout damn time :P

I saw them rehearsing it on their youtube channel and Kirk and Lars kept fucking up, lol.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

in that clip, they said that lars ulrich is considered to be a pretty weak drummer. do you guys feel that way?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:in that clip, they said that lars ulrich is considered to be a pretty weak drummer. do you guys feel that way?
Ive never heard Lars called that before
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:in that clip, they said that lars ulrich is considered to be a pretty weak drummer. do you guys feel that way?
Ive never heard Lars called that before
There seems to be lots of people who think he sucks. Ive always thought he was a great drummer.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Overall he's fine. In the 80's he was significantly better, but like Kirk it shows he doesn't practice anywhere as much as he used to so there's a lot of slack now. He and Kirk mess up live enough it gets caught on video so it's easy to show.

But back then, yeah he was on fire.

There is better metal drummers out there. It's always noticed he does his best rhythm when he's following James, never the other way around.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:They were immense live. Just fucking bossed it. And I tell you what, I thought I liked the new stuff that I bought. I fucking loved it live. So good. Moth Into Fkane, Spit Out The Bone, Hardwired. Great stadium songs. They finished on Enter Sandman. So many singing voices. Was immense. So fucking immense. Pretty sure I’ve lost my voice though.
They're playing Spit Out The Bone finally? 'Bout damn time :P

I saw them rehearsing it on their youtube channel and Kirk and Lars kept fucking up, lol.
They did. And it was fucking strong. Lesssinging by the audience compared to the classics. But that’s not a surprise.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Overall he's fine. In the 80's he was significantly better, but like Kirk it shows he doesn't practice anywhere as much as he used to so there's a lot of slack now. He and Kirk mess up live enough it gets caught on video so it's easy to show.

But back then, yeah he was on fire.

There is better metal drummers out there. It's always noticed he does his best rhythm when he's following James, never the other way around.
This. It doesn't help that it's widely known that he was originally only in the band because of who he knew, rather than his talent.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I have not really liked any Metallica since the Black album and have not seen them live since the late 90's - early 2000's so maybe that's why I never questioned Ulrich's talent. Though I have always heard he was a total douche bag.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Technically he's never been at the top of the food chain but I've never heard anyone say he's weak.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Looks like Seb got to see the first Live Performance of Spit Out The Bone!

Cell audio is crap though. https://metalheadzone.com/metallica-fin ... ndon-show/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Looks like Seb got to see the first Live Performance of Spit Out The Bone!

Cell audio is crap though. https://metalheadzone.com/metallica-fin ... ndon-show/
James did genuinely joke during the show "You guys up for one of the new songs?" *Cheer* "We said we'd do each of the new songs at least once on this tour" *Laughter*

Who knew he meant it so literally. My friend went to see them on Sunday as well as on Tuesday with me. Two totally different set lists apparently. Love that I got to see a unique performance.

Spit out the Bone was definitely absolutely immense live. They really rock hard.

On the subject of mistakes, Lars messed up the intro to one of the new songs, tried to do an 8 count when James was going on a 4 count. Was pretty funny. they had to stop, and James asked the audience if they should go on 8 or 4. Everyone went "4" and he said "yeah, let's get to the fucking song, baby"
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

They said they would do a different set list for every show on the tour. Definitely cool everyone gets a unique performance, even if it is just rearranging song orders and what not, especially those seeing them multiple times like your friend.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:They said they would do a different set list for every show on the tour. Definitely cool everyone gets a unique performance, even if it is just rearranging song orders and what not, especially those seeing them multiple times like your friend.
I know they were going to do different sets, but I also know they were withholding Spit Out The Bone for so long, lol.