Hellraiser

Is it just a puzzle box, or a means to summon?
Pinhead, Chatterer, Female and Butterball
Are Demons to some, but Angels to others
showa58taro
Administrator

Hellraiser

Post by showa58taro »

I keep meaning to give them all a rewatch as it's been a while. Still is my favourite series of them all, by far. And I think it's for many reasons. Prime of which is the quotabikity if Pinhead, and his portrayal.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Hellraiser

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:I keep meaning to give them all a rewatch as it's been a while. Still is my favourite series of them all, by far. And I think it's for many reasons. Prime of which is the quotabikity if Pinhead, and his portrayal.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

You have your opinion. I have mine.

I feel like the duds of other franchises are more egregious than the duds for Hellraiser.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

In my view, the only really bad Hellraiser movie is Revelations. All of the others, while certainly not great, feel more around average (Bloodline, Inferno, Hellseeker, Deader, and Hellworld). I've seen Hell on Earth also, but honestly, I don't recall a whole lot about it. I did get the sense it was better than 4-8, though).
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I think 1-4 are all decent, but I'll have to re-watch all the others (besides Revelations) and refresh my memory on them. I recall Hellseeker being a shitty mess with them adding Pinhead to the film at the last minute. Ashley Laurence wants revenge on her husband and she makes a deal with Pinhead after a car crash? Deader and Hellworld I have no recollection of and the only thing I seem to recall about Inferno is the intestine scene.

Maybe we could start up MOTW again on the Hellraiser series for those interested in refreshing their memories and who are also willing to take the risk of watching/re-watching a few bad eggs.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote:I think 1-4 are all decent, but I'll have to re-watch all the others (besides Revelations) and refresh my memory on them. I recall Hellseeker being a shitty mess with them adding Pinhead to the film at the last minute. Ashley Laurence wants revenge on her husband and she makes a deal with Pinhead after a car crash? Deader and Hellworld I have no recollection of and the only thing I seem to recall about Inferno is the intestine scene.

Maybe we could start up MOTW again on the Hellraiser series for those interested in refreshing their memories and who are also willing to take the risk of watching/re-watching a few bad eggs.
I never cared much for Bloodline - some cool concepts, but felt a mixed bag overall. I have a soft spot for Inferno, though it's a bit of a jumbled mess, which is true for Hellseeker and Deader also, though I do much prefer Deader to Hellseeker. As for Hellword, it's somewhat atrociously meta, but I do like the direction the movie took toward the end.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The only latter sequel that was almost saved was the one with Katheryn Winnick, and her bitchin (legitimate) martial arts skills. And her hotness, too.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the first four hellraiser movies are solid in my book. the original and hellbound definitely hold their own next to the best of any other horror series.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

showa58taro wrote:You have your opinion. I have mine.

I feel like the duds of other franchises are more egregious than the duds for Hellraiser.
hahahahahahaha
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:the first four hellraiser movies are solid in my book. the original and hellbound definitely hold their own next to the best of any other horror series.
Definitely the only watchable 4, and Bloodline is even questionable as watchable. It just so happens to be better than all others after it :lol:

1 and 2 are among the greatest of all time though.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:You have your opinion. I have mine.

hahahahahahaha
You laugh, but it's true. :)
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:The only latter sequel that was almost saved was the one with Katheryn Winnick, and her bitchin (legitimate) martial arts skills. And her hotness, too.
I will watch Hellworld anytime because of this. And it's got Lance Henriksen.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I need to rewatch them all. After 2 they are all one big clump in my head. One big clump of flying hooks :|
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:I need to rewatch them all. After 2 they are all one big clump in my head. One big clump of flying hooks :|
Hellraiser: Excellent
Hellraiser 2: Excellent
Hellraiser 3: P. good
Hellraiser 4: Ehh, I guess.
Hellraiser 5, 6, 7: WTF is this?
Hellraiser 8: Katheryn WINnick
Hellraiser 9: Worst horror movie ever maybe
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

1-8 all work for me.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Inferno does not work, at all, in any conceivable way as a Hellraiser flick.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:Inferno does not work, at all, in any conceivable way as a Hellraiser flick.
But it’s still watchable.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Inferno does not work, at all, in any conceivable way as a Hellraiser flick.
I need you to fan edit it and remove all Hellraiser aspects to know for sure. On the surface there seemed to be certain things there, I found myself intrigued at a moment or two, but trying to then cram it into the Raiser-verse, I was just like what in the blue fuck is this doing.

I know Hellseeker was in the same boat, but at least they brought back Kirsty and shiz. Deader in the same boat, and I remember little about it but with the cult shit, seemed more fitting. IDK, Inferno has always irked me the most as the most blatantly obvious it does not belong. And it's slow as fuck.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
lol