Make this site Horror

How can we improve the board?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Make this site Horror

Post by Tiggnutz »

We need to get serious about making this site somewhere that if the casual horror fan stops by will make them stay. Any suggestions
Foo
Administrator

Re: Make this site Horror

Post by Foo »

Obviously the front page is a factor. Making them stay is about the quality of the conversation.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:Obviously the front page is a factor. Making them stay is about the quality of the conversation.
Yes but first impressions are everything
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

We need the visual when you come to this site
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

What drew me in was all of the threads regarding the horror franchises.....Halloween, etc...and the knee high bastards, etc. There was so much to read, and I saw that people on here knew more than any other message board I visited. I remember glancing over a F13th message board, and the HMF peeps knew more about that franchise than the one that was dedicated to it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Alls I know is that that stuff was the "last steps", which I've been waiting on. I don't even remember the middle steps, but there was a list somewhere. I think other kinks were being figured out too, but again I don't know what the status is.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

This looks like a chat room not a horror site
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Would probably be best to expand the horror category section back to what it used to be. All we got now are "Major Horror Franchises" and "General Horror" for the most part. Should definitely throw back in Friday/Nightmare/Halloween at minimum. Probably go with TCSM, Phantasm, Evil Dead and Sleepaway Camp too.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I think I was wary of expanding the sections too much, because most of us aren’t going to talk Jason X for days anymore, love it though we May. So then you get empty sections which are less interesting for visitors.

Reign and I (and others) need to figure out the graphics and then work from there.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:Would probably be best to expand the horror category section back to what it used to be. All we got now are "Major Horror Franchises" and "General Horror" for the most part. Should definitely throw back in Friday/Nightmare/Halloween at minimum. Probably go with TCSM, Phantasm, Evil Dead and Sleepaway Camp too.
I would love to see those come back. Hell, every time I watch the Sleepaway Camp series, I cannot decide which one I enjoy the most.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:I think I was wary of expanding the sections too much, because most of us aren’t going to talk Jason X for days anymore, love it though we May. So then you get empty sections which are less interesting for visitors.

Reign and I (and others) need to figure out the graphics and then work from there.
October is coming.....maybe some of us will chime in more.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

For October why don’t we reinstitute them. But by November (say 15th) if there’s only one or no topics and little discussion then it gets removed. Seem fair?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

No. We leave that shit up. This is Horrormoviefans.com. You can find the other basic categories that we're currently using for primary horror discussion on any other forum. Horror is our specialty. We expand it back to what it was. Don't know why you're so hell bent on having such a limited horror section. There's little to no activity in the Writing/Fun & Games section and those boards have never once been talked about being removed.

I even go one step further and say there should be a board created for the October Challenge. We'll open up the replies about a week in advance to talk about it/create our tally spot in the tally thread. Then close the replies after October. Newcomers will have easy access to the discussions, tally threads and how the challenge itself works.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:No. We leave that shit up. This is Horrormoviefans.com. You can find the other basic categories that we're currently using for primary horror discussion on any other forum. Horror is our specialty. We expand it back to what it was. Don't know why you're so hell bent on having such a limited horror section. There's little to no activity in the Writing/Fun & Games section and those boards have never once been talked about being removed.

I even go one step further and say there should be a board created for the October Challenge. We'll open up the replies about a week in advance to talk about it/create our tally spot in the tally thread. Then close the replies after October.
Jason for Class President. I agree man.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:No. We leave that shit up. This is Horrormoviefans.com. You can find the other basic categories that we're currently using for primary horror discussion on any other forum. Horror is our specialty. We expand it back to what it was. Don't know why you're so hell bent on having such a limited horror section. There's little to no activity in the Writing/Fun & Games section and those boards have never once been talked about being removed.

I even go one step further and say there should be a board created for the October Challenge. We'll open up the replies about a week in advance to talk about it/create our tally spot in the tally thread. Then close the replies after October.
I think we all forget what it’s like to browse a site. We normally just use “most recent” or the line to navigate. I know on old HMF I just used the banner.

I’ll create a poll and we will go with popular choice? Seem fair?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

My point being I found it too cluttered and hard to see when it was at its most expansive felt like clutter forclutters sake n
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:

I think we all forget what it’s like to browse a site. We normally just use “most recent” or the line to navigate. I know on old HMF I just used the banner.
Well, yeah. We're the ones frequenting the site and posting on it more than anybody. Of course a lot of us are going to use "most recent". Nobody new to a forum automatically hits the "most recent" tab. They browse the forum. By your logic, perhaps we should only talk about horror on the site so that way horror is always in the most recent tab section.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:

Jason for Class President. I agree man.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Well, yeah. We're the ones frequenting the site and posting on it more than anybody. Of course a lot of us are going to use "most recent". Nobody new to a forum automatically hits the "most recent" tab. They browse the forum. By your logic, perhaps we should only talk about horror on the site so that way horror is always in the most recent tab section.
I’m saying we don’t realize how confusing having a list of 30+ Categories of horror film is actually less user friendly for those not using the most recent style of reading. Because it’s hard to see where any topics are, and will get people put off from joining.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I think the detailed descriptions I added for all the major horror movie boards looks purty. :)