NBA 2K18

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
showa58taro
Administrator

NBA 2K18

Post by showa58taro »

It's here, and man it looks sleek as all fuck. You have a whole little village to go around living your life in, practice facilities, training areas, gym, shoe store, barber. All sorts. A lot more of a "be a pro" feel than the old 2k16 was in my head. And they dispensed with the whole draft thing and let you go in as an undrafted free agent into your favourite team. That was always my problem with the old games, it took me like 3 seasons of trying before securing a trade to the Blazers. I just want to be hooping it up with CJ, Dame, Nurk and the lads. Me and Caleb Swanigan are homies.

Only a couple hours in, but so far, I can see myself plowing a lot of hours into this between now and March.
Jason
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K18

Post by Jason »

NBA Jam is still better.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

ATV Offroad Fury 2 is the best sports game ever, no competition.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Good talk.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

He's on fire! Boomshockalaka!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

The fact that they would put going to a shoe store and a barber into an NBA video game says loads about society.

Also love it when the staff wears their $200 "Jordan's" to work on the food truck...
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:The fact that they would put going to a shoe store and a barber into an NBA video game says loads about society.

Also love it when the staff wears their $200 "Jordan's" to work on the food truck...
Never thought about shopping or going to the barber in any sports game I ever played. They could be on to something though!

Why, cuz you only wear your $100 Kobe's?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:The fact that they would put going to a shoe store and a barber into an NBA video game says loads about society.

Never thought about shopping or going to the barber in any sports game I ever played. They could be on to something though!

It just adds to the immersion of the "my career" mode. It is like I'm a real version of me. Getting to go do stuff in the day to day whilst also having a basketball game and career to go to. There's also practices, a gym, street courts and shops to go to. All just adds to me and my career. I'm living it and loving it. Plus extra interactions adds dialogue to this story mode.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

It just adds to the immersion of the "my career" mode. It is like I'm a real version of me. Getting to go do stuff in the day to day whilst also having a basketball game and career to go to. There's also practices, a gym, street courts and shops to go to. All just adds to me and my career. I'm living it and loving it. Plus extra interactions adds dialogue to this story mode.
What did you say to the barber after your 50 dollar trim?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

What did you say to the barber after your 50 dollar trim?
They usually have a dialogue scene. Last time I think they joked about if I said the word playoffs three times in the mirror MJ would pop up and steal my shoes. Something like that. It's a lot of fun.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

This is like the movie idea I had, where it is a Batman movie, but you never see Bruce Wayne as Batman. He is brushing his teeth, eating breakfast, returning phone calls, and washing the batsuit. Like all the shit that he has to do besides the cool moments.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:This is like the movie idea I had, where it is a Batman movie, but you never see Bruce Wayne as Batman. He is brushing his teeth, eating breakfast, returning phone calls, and washing the batsuit. Like all the shit that he has to do besides the cool moments.
Well, there are still cool moments. You do play the game too. :D
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:This is like the movie idea I had, where it is a Batman movie, but you never see Bruce Wayne as Batman. He is brushing his teeth, eating breakfast, returning phone calls, and washing the batsuit. Like all the shit that he has to do besides the cool moments.
Would watch.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Fun new development. Both the girls like playing. Just wander around pretending to talk to people as me.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

They don't like to dunk or shoot a wicked 3 pointer FTW?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:They don't like to dunk or shoot a wicked 3 pointer FTW?
They do like that too. I let them play around in my apartment which has a built in basketball court. I haven't unleashed them in the game. Because that would just be annoying.