Our new short horror film - Whispering Pines

You can talk about anything here
forestfoot

Our new short horror film - Whispering Pines

Post by forestfoot »

Hi everybody!

We at Tales at Night just released our new short horror film Whispering Pines.

We hope you guys would give it a watch and tell us what you think. Feel free to give feedback - Much appreciated!

Remember to crank up the volume ;-)

Check out the film right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMLj5Fd8LA
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: Our new short horror film - Whispering Pines

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

forestfoot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:32 pm Remember to crank up the volume ;-)
Read as: loud noise=scary. Please don't do that.

Thoughts: The cg paper wasn't a good call. I'd recommend just going to a fedex/kinkos and printing something out if you need a paper. Jump scares(you did it) are like fart jokes; they're cheap and mostly just kids and idiots love them. If that's the audience you want, that's fine, but don't expect most horror fans to like it. Um, you used a drill to put in a nail? That's not how either of those things work. There's no audio for the knock when the guy knocks on the wall. Dude left his door open when he left.

I'm not the target audience since I think ghost horror is boring, but my critiques stand either way.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I gotta ask since the drill was like a plot device, do you normally drill pilot holes before using nails? I've never seen that before. I have a feeling that painting is going down faster than a groupie committing harakiri at a BTS concert.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:04 pm I gotta ask since the drill was like a plot device, do you normally drill pilot holes before using nails? I've never seen that before. I have a feeling that painting is going down faster than a groupie committing harakiri at a BTS concert.
As someone that worked in furniture for thirteen years and hung countless pieces of "art", no. Just hammer that shit in.