Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Havok
Charter Member

Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

Post by Havok »

Backlash was an alright show, but not as great as NXT: Takeover Chicago last night.

AJ/Owens was the match of the night, pretty good match and the ending keeps you interested for their next match up.

Jinder winning was actually pretty cool. Too bad he'll just end up being a transitional champion and most likely lose it at the next PPV.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

Post by Reign in Blood »

What is this crap I keep hearing that they are purposely booking things slow and biding time until mid-summer? Since when has that been an option, especially when ratings are tanking?

I like Jinder getting the strap because he gets good, legit heat and it's always nice to have an underdog pop up and surprise, and no one wanted Orton as champ anyhow. However, they are completely buttfucking things with Nakamura.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Everything has been rather crappy since the Superstar Shakeup.

They want Reigns/Lesnar 2 at next years mania and they're trying to figure out a plan on how to get there with only a handful of guys they don't want to push besides Roman.

I think we're either gonna get Rollins or Joe facing Lesnar at Great Balls Of Fire in June then they'll just rinse/repeat guys in the upcoming fatal five way until next year. I believe Finn/Wyatt will start a feud and i'm hearing that Reigns/Miz will feud for the IC belt. I just don't know who really wants another Reigns/Lesnar match. Unless they opt to finally turn Roman heel, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I just want the match over and done with at Summerslam, so we can have something interesting at Mania 34.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I still think they fucked up everything with Orton/Wyatt. Wyatt should've won the Rumble and Orton win the title in the chamber. Then you would have the storyline of the protégé becoming more powerful then the leader and Wyatt would go on and win the title (and a match at mania) and have a mankind type face run for a few months before losing it to somebody like Jinder or Corbin.

Nakamura just needs to take time and show his strengths to the casual crowds. They don't need to rush him, if they do it'll end up being an American Alpha situation where they were pushed too hard to soon and now they're off tv for some reason. Little by little is the key for most of the NXT call ups.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I don't know if Nakamura can take time to get over, he is too weird/gay/japanese for it. He needed a surge.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

True, Nakamura still isn't the greatest talker. Especially if he has his mouth guard in and it's difficult to understand his promos. This Ziggler feud wasn't that great of a main roster debut, it just looked like any other match. I'm just gonna blame that on the booking. I'm hoping the Money in the Bank match shows off some strengths and by Summerslam he'll be back on top like his NXT run. The moment AJ and Naka face off for an actual match the crowds will be ready for a great spectacle on par with their New Japan match.

That would steal the show at Mania 34 if they book it correctly.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/6 ... eve-austin

Thoughts?

Where the fuck is Rollins' Curb Stomp? You put Roman's lame ass spear but not that? Pfft.

The best finisher I have seen to date is the Canadian Destroyer, but that was not in a WWE ring. My favorite listed is the Razor's Edge for it's uniqueness (and that Razor was awesome), but it's not that practical and looks weak sauce too much. So I guess I'll go with the RKO, and that while it is derivative on others like the Diamond Cutter or even the Stunner, the RKO-Outta-Nowhere has become stuff of internet meme glory.

Could just be nostalgia speaking but I would have liked to have to seen the Warrior's Gorilla Press Drop followed by the Ultimate Splash. Yes, he was shit in the ring, but I always thought that was good, sweet love.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I used to watch G.L.O.W. every Saturday night when i was a wee lad so when i heard there was a movie coming out on Netflix it got my attention. The trailer looks awesome is anyone else interested or were fans of G.L.O.W.?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

ooh, I do recognize a lot of those finishers.

I'd assume the most iconic of a generation has to be the Tombstone Piledriver by Undertaker, or possible the Rey Mysterio one since that was quite the athletic one.

A lot of the others are pretty well known. A few I hadn't heard of, but look like they are from the 70s and 80s. Like the "Cross-face Chicken Wing" . . . Sure, that was probably iconic once upon a time...
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:I used to watch G.L.O.W. every Saturday night when i was a wee lad so when i heard there was a movie coming out on Netflix it got my attention. The trailer looks awesome is anyone else interested or were fans of G.L.O.W.?
I know nothing about GLOW as a sport/event. But the Netflix series looks awesome. Will watch.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/6 ... eve-austin

Thoughts?

Where the fuck is Rollins' Curb Stomp? You put Roman's lame ass spear but not that? Pfft.

The best finisher I have seen to date is the Canadian Destroyer, but that was not in a WWE ring. My favorite listed is the Razor's Edge for it's uniqueness (and that Razor was awesome), but it's not that practical and looks weak sauce too much. So I guess I'll go with the RKO, and that while it is derivative on others like the Diamond Cutter or even the Stunner, the RKO-Outta-Nowhere has become stuff of internet meme glory.

Could just be nostalgia speaking but I would have liked to have to seen the Warrior's Gorilla Press Drop followed by the Ultimate Splash. Yes, he was shit in the ring, but I always thought that was good, sweet love.
Canadian Destroyer? Nah, bro. That was Axl Striker's Skull Raper if I remember correctly! But yeah, definitely the coolest I've ever seen.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I also think that the Chokeslam looks impressive, as if someone was lifting them with one hand and slamming them to the ground. Realize it is neither a powerful move nor really all that hardcore, but I did always like it when younger.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:I also think that the Chokeslam looks impressive, as if someone was lifting them with one hand and slamming them to the ground. Realize it is neither a powerful move nor really all that hardcore, but I did always like it when younger.
Kane's Chokeslam from Hell was always pretty epic.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I also think that the Chokeslam looks impressive, as if someone was lifting them with one hand and slamming them to the ground. Realize it is neither a powerful move nor really all that hardcore, but I did always like it when younger.
Kane's Chokeslam from Hell was always pretty epic.
It definitely beats some of the ones on the list which look like basic moves. :P

The Randy Orton RKO memes are hilarious though.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Money In The Bank was alright. It did have a lot of low spots, but the main event was great. I thought Orton/Jinder had a better match than last time, the Tag match was decent and holy hell Lana!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Gentlemen, the man with the greatest theme going debuted last night. And it was.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XctkYL7KeHA
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The crowd ruins it because they suck at singing along.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Short review: NXT was the best thing wrestling event of the two big events (Brooklyn 3, Summerslam) all the matches from Brooklyn 3 were top notch and even though I didn't find the main event to be that great, it was decent due to the booking it's leading towards.

Summerslam only had like four good to great matches. Cruiserweight Title, Smackdown/Raw Tag Matches and the Fatal 4 Way. The rest were ok, but they could've been booked better. I honestly didn't think Bliss needed to lose the title just yet and that Shark cage match was just a complete waste of everyone's time. Nobody cared and looked where it got them. Big Cass is out for 9 months and Enzo is starting a feud with Neville. How in the world am I suppose to believe that Enzo can defeat The King of the Cruiserweights, when he got his ass handed to him week after week by Big Cass? Enzo barely has a move set. Breaking up Enzo & Cass was one of the worst decisions in recent memory.

Besides the big shows, Raw sucked and Smackdown was solid. Hopefully Smackdown begins to find steam again, it hasn't been that great since the post-mania draft.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The only thing that matters is the full recovery of the greatest wrestler of all time The Nature Boy Ric Flair WOOOO!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

God Speed to Shane O-Mac. http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/w ... w-enus-677

He's eccentric, not crazy. Only poor people are crazy.