Funny games

This is where you post your review to be posted on the main site. Reviews will screened for relevance and spelling before it is posted to the main site.
Twitch313

Funny games

Post by Twitch313 »

This movie is not for the weak of heart. It is about a home invasion. If you are new to this enter at your own fucking risk. For some reason I have not been able to talk to someone in person that has admitted to have knowing it exists.

I have rewatched this to make sure my memory was right. It still fucks me up like the first time. I do not want to give away anything, but for those in the know it is a home invasion movie and is unsettling as you would expect.

This will stick with you. If you are ready for that then by all means go for it. You have been warned. A lot of the violence is not shown so that makes it a little easier at least. Do not expect a Hollywood ending and it might be best if you watch it alone. I have a feeling if you showed this to someone that relationship might end.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Funny games

Post by Tiggnutz »

Is this the 2007 film with Naomi Watts?
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

Yes it is, if I remember right. I don't have the devs case with me at the second.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

It is the Naomi version that I was talking about, and not the one with the same name the director made before.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Have not seen but I am a huge fan of hers and Tim Roth. I will seek it out
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

Tim Roth does awesome in it to.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Twitch313 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:34 pm It is the Naomi version that I was talking about, and not the one with the same name the director made before.
hoping this was just a misread or misunderstanding on my part, but just wanted to let you know that the earlier film is not just one with the same title. naomi watts' flick is a remake of that earlier film. basically a shot for shot remake too.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

I know it is. The reason I put it the way I did is not everyone knows that, Annie to make it easier to understand. He did make the same movie twice, the secondtimbre with better known lead actor and actress. I would guide people to the one that I reviewed because I think it is closer to his vision Eden though they are pretty much thesame exact thing.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

fair play. as far as closer to his vision, what do you mean by that? does having the more well known actors hit closer to what you think he was intending? i think it puts more recognition on the film (on both films) but i don't know that i see more than that. curious about your take, there.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

I think the change in actors have slightly different takes on how they do it, hire they potray being horrified in a seemingly winless situation with their lives inn the line. I am talking down to facial expression.

You do not remake something shot for shot of everything was perfect to you the first time.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i don't think any filmmaker is ever perfectly satisfied with the work that gets released, particularly not over their career. it was ten years between films. but i do think it was primarily about getting more eyes on the film(s). a wider seen film is a more talked about film and all that.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

It was ok. There are other home invasion films that I prefer, though.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:05 pm It was ok. There are other home invasion films that I prefer, though.
I respect that. It is not the best for sure but it does deserve a spot in theconversation especially when talking about the genre in general.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This movie really pissed me off. If you've seen it you know why. Lol
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:10 pm This movie really pissed me off. If you've seen it you know why. Lol
Because it was streamed on Netflix? Didn't have a limited edition steelbook DVD release? There was no Clint Howard to save god damn day?! You picky sumabitch, Jesus H. :razz:
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Twitch313 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:09 pm
Slaughterhouserock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:05 pm It was ok. There are other home invasion films that I prefer, though.
I respect that. It is not the best for sure but it does deserve a spot in theconversation especially when talking about the genre in general.
So let's start throwing down the best Home Invasion list. Funny Games is definitely on the list!

4. The Strangers
5. You're Next
13. Funny Games
37. Don't Breath3
62. The Purge 15: We Ain't Done
88. Happy Gilmore Takes Manhattan (Ben Stiller's Nursing Home)

Let's keep rolling.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

And here we are with the ultimate home invasion. Destroying the sanctity of the lair. I can not sanction such buffoonery!

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:26 am
Jason wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:10 pm This movie really pissed me off. If you've seen it you know why. Lol
Because it was streamed on Netflix? Didn't have a limited edition steelbook DVD release? There was no Clint Howard to save god damn day?! You picky sumabitch, Jesus H. :razz:
All net negatives for sure
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

These bots are getting weirder
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I want a fucking horror movie about Ben Stiller's Nursing Home in Happy Gilmore. Somebody make that happen. You will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep. God Damnit.