Hey

introduce yourself. Let us know who you are.
Twitch313

Hey

Post by Twitch313 »

Long type horror fan. The Original dawn of the dead changed my life.

I am starting a movie distro soon and done believe in selling what I haven't seen which means I have seen a lot. It can be hard to find people to talk to about them but here seems like the place.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: Hey

Post by Jigsaw »

Welcome to HMF.

I think I've only seen the original Dawn of the Dead once - it's one of the 1,146 movies I need to rewatch and review. I remember it being a stellar film, though, and gave it a 10/10 last time I saw it.

Again, welcome, and hope you enjoy it here.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Welcome!
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Welcome to the boards.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Welcome to HMF
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Welcome friend!
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

Thanks everybody
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

Jigsaw wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:43 pm Welcome to HMF.

I think I've only seen the original Dawn of the Dead once - it's one of the 1,146 movies I need to rewatch and review. I remember it being a stellar film, though, and gave it a 10/10 last time I saw it.

Again, welcome, and hope you enjoy it here.
I had never seen a movie like it before or since really, but it is Romero what did you expect.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

welcome aboard. what are your top 5-10 horror films?
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

zombie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:24 pm welcome aboard. what are your top 5-10 horror films?
Already with the hard question.

1. Dawn of the dead
2. Body melt ( Australian) (due to insanity and creativity)
3. The loved ones (australian) (again due to insanity and creativity)
4. Tokyo gore police (japanese)(Again same thing)
5. Deadalive (newzeland) (same)
6. The second female prisoner 701 movie (japan)(one of the coolest opening scenes, she is waving astound a guys hand that is suck to her by a pair off handcuffs, that is after she cuts his hand off)
7. The original night of the living dead
8. Russian bride (just saw it for the first time, spoiler stre gets completely fucked on cocaine and goes on a killing spree before her heart possibly explodes. It is like cocaine mother bear with a hammer and screw driver)
9. Mars attacks (I think this fits in horror either way it has two of the best blaxploitation actors off all time. I can't stand pierce Bronson inn anything besides two movies and this is one of them)
10. To hard to pouch, I have no clue. I just went worth names I could remember sincei have watched probably 100 movies in the last year easy.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Twitch313 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:51 pm
zombie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:24 pm welcome aboard. what are your top 5-10 horror films?
Already with the hard question.

1. Dawn of the dead
2. Body melt ( Australian) (due to insanity and creativity)
3. The loved ones (australian) (again due to insanity and creativity)
4. Tokyo gore police (japanese)(Again same thing)
5. Deadalive (newzeland) (same)
6. The second female prisoner 701 movie (japan)(one of the coolest opening scenes, she is waving astound a guys hand that is suck to her by a pair off handcuffs, that is after she cuts his hand off)
7. The original night of the living dead
8. Russian bride (just saw it for the first time, spoiler stre gets completely fucked on cocaine and goes on a killing spree before her heart possibly explodes. It is like cocaine mother bear with a hammer and screw driver)
9. Mars attacks (I think this fits in horror either way it has two of the best blaxploitation actors off all time. I can't stand pierce Bronson inn anything besides two movies and this is one of them)
10. To hard to pouch, I have no clue. I just went worth names I could remember sincei have watched probably 100 movies in the last year easy.

good stuff.

i haven't heard of russian bride, and haven't seen the female prisoner movies. will have to give both a look.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

With the female prisoner movies yummy should have a very high threshold for really bad situations. It is a revenge series but I call it horror due to what she goes through and is willing to do. What she endures would give some people nightmares.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Body Melt's a movie I've seen perhaps three times now. I like the idea, but the execution was just too zany for me.

That said, I can certainly understand it appealing to the right audience.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Twitch313 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:11 pm With the female prisoner movies yummy should have a very high threshold for really bad situations. It is a revenge series but I call it horror due to what she goes through and is willing to do. What she endures would give some people nightmares.
i feel like extremely gory or brutal revenge flicks can have a well deserved place within the horror genre. no complaints here.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

I am off the thought that in a movie thou can dip anything, so why not do anything. If the story is good and you get the feelings it off people you wanted to get that is the thing. On the other hand I thought everything, everywhere all at once was complete dog shit and was trying to be crazy but blurred a dick in the movie when they elude heavily to what those butt plugs would be used for the exact reason they were known to be used to help them transform.

Didn't mean to go on a tangent there.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Twitch313 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:22 pm I am off the thought that in a movie thou can dip anything, so why not do anything. If the story is good and you get the feelings it off people you wanted to get that is the thing. On the other hand I thought everything, everywhere all at once was complete dog shit and was trying to be crazy but blurred a dick in the movie when they elude heavily to what those butt plugs would be used for the exact reason they were known to be used to help them transform.

Didn't mean to go on a tangent there.
is everything everywhere all at once comparable to one of the films you mentioned?

whatever the case, i think the filmmakers can include or omit whatever they feel like would best get the point of their film across.. if it was forced onto them by the studio or something, then i object to that. but i don't know the details.
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

What I meant is the level of crazies. Such as body melt, tokyo gore police, deadalive. They are not the same but zany or crazy.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

ohh i can get that. i haven't seen everything everywhere all at once.. but it seemed like a different kind of wacky. not horror like those other movies.

in a closer to those films kind of way, have you seen basket case or street trash?
Twitch313

Post by Twitch313 »

Basket case, not yet. Probably tonight. Street trash not in a long time.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

basket case is a top 10 for me. hope you enjoy it. :)