Rules for New People?

How can we improve the board?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Rules for New People?

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

We've been getting new people signing up just to advertise some bullshit of theirs then never coming back. I've been banning them on principle. I was thinking about implementing a new user rank for people who just signed up so they can't post anywhere until they make a post in the Intro board and making a rule that they will be banned and posts will be deleted if they use it for advertisement. This won't stop people from doing this shit or posting in the Intro board then immediately making a thread to advertise their shit, but it makes it more annoying for them, and gives them an opportunity to actually get some interaction before spamming us with bullshit. Let me know what you guys think about it or if you have other suggestions.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Rules for New People?

Post by Jason »

A huge chunk of them are highly sophisticated bots. They're not real people.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Yeah I'm good with it, I figured most were bots too.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Completely agree. Quality idea.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Considering I changed the signup to include a random question which you have to actually answer correctly, should be limiting most spambots already. But even if they are bots, at least it will limit their access to only the Intro board unless they end up spamming afterwards.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I'll try to get this done over the next few days. Starting the new job and having shitty internet will make it take a bit.