We need a Streaming section

How can we improve the board?
DAEBO
Charter Member

We need a Streaming section

Post by DAEBO »

You know like the TV section but more relevant these days.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Re: We need a Streaming section

Post by DAEBO »

Or just change the TV title, maybe. I don't know it just sounds outdated.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Could just change it to Shows or Series or some such.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Yeah
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

This brings up the bigger existential philosophical question of our times, and that is, if you're just streaming, what the fuck are you?

I've been asking this and Tarantino is bringing it up now dogging on Ryan Reynolds (He's friends with Adam Sandler so he spared him), Reynolds makes 50 million a piece on these crapshoots, but has anybody seen them, do you consider them movies, or part of anything you'll remember? No. Not at all.

If don't have Hulu, Apple+, Netflix, Peacock Premium, HBO+, Pussy Pow, Paramount Deluxe, Plus whatever the sweet money grubbing fuck, it just passes by.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

It's like when I was a kid and there were multiple channels you had to pay for separately, just now it's online. Same shit, different name.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

It's more so movies than something like Game of Thrones, where before you could still go to the theater or rent the thing. Now for a lot of stuff you have to have the special pay channel or bootleg it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

There was a time before rental stores that had similar issues, but yeah, it's dumb. Instead of trying to adapt to technology, they just went back and used the same format they used before. Nothing we can do about it, since not enough people would be willing to not pay them to get them to change their minds. It is funny, though, that piracy went down when everything was mostly consolidated on netflix. Now that it's spread over multiple services again, piracy has gone back up. Just need more people to jump on ye olde pirate ship to hurt their pocketbooks.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Reign in Blood wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 am This brings up the bigger existential philosophical question of our times, and that is, if you're just streaming, what the fuck are you?

I've been asking this and Tarantino is bringing it up now dogging on Ryan Reynolds (He's friends with Adam Sandler so he spared him), Reynolds makes 50 million a piece on these crapshoots, but has anybody seen them, do you consider them movies, or part of anything you'll remember? No. Not at all.

If don't have Hulu, Apple+, Netflix, Peacock Premium, HBO+, Pussy Pow, Paramount Deluxe, Plus whatever the sweet money grubbing fuck, it just passes by.
Pussy Pow. Please, go on.....
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:00 am There was a time before rental stores that had similar issues, but yeah, it's dumb. Instead of trying to adapt to technology, they just went back and used the same format they used before. Nothing we can do about it, since not enough people would be willing to not pay them to get them to change their minds. It is funny, though, that piracy went down when everything was mostly consolidated on netflix. Now that it's spread over multiple services again, piracy has gone back up. Just need more people to jump on ye olde pirate ship to hurt their pocketbooks.
Surrender your booty!
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:06 pm It's like when I was a kid and there were multiple channels you had to pay for separately, just now it's online. Same shit, different name.

I actually asked for it as a kid. I wanted cable a la cart, I wanted like 20 channels and fuck the lot of them.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

In relevant news, Disney has apparently removed some “offensive dialogue” (spoken by a character who is supposed to be racist and awful) from The French Connection. At this point if you don’t own a physical copy you’ll never see the untouched original again.

I finally had enough and set up a home media server this year. It’s great.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What the hell is that, like a PS5?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I've been waiting for the last 7-8 years for them to start censoring old movies. I expected it to come in the form of removing controversial blurays/DVDs from retail stores or for them to just not show the films/shows on any mainstream streaming service. Was not expecting them to edit film.

Glad I have them all sitting on my shelf in physical media form.