NFL 2023 Season/ Preseason

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

NFL 2023 Season/ Preseason

Post by Tiggnutz »

This Lamar Jackson contract situation has reached maximum annoyance for me. He's handled this bad by refusing to get an agent and trying to negotiate this through social media and the Ravens have handled this bad by letting this situation reach this point. If you weren't going to pay him what he wanted (I wouldn't of either by the way) than he should of been traded before his contract expired. Whole thing sucks
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: NFL 2023 Season/ Preseason

Post by Tiggnutz »

Still love draft day. One of the best days of the year
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Why change anything about fair catches? Nobody is getting hurt on fair catches. Dumb shit
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Definitely ready for hockey and basketball already.

I also want a refund on this NFL package.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:08 pm Definitely ready for hockey and basketball already.

I also want a refund on this NFL package.
LOL! :'(
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I legitimately think the Broncos might be cursed and sold their soul for SB50. Nothing has worked. Hall of Fame QB. Hall of Fame coach. Nothing changes. Snakebit by injuries every year. Rodgers’ injury is the only reason we won’t have the longest playoff drought in the league after this season. We’re one of the sad sack franchises now. This happened with Washington in the 90s.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Ugh, didn't realize we were second to Jets.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It's only two games. But whatever Vance Joseph has been doing just isn't working with this club. The zone coverage on crucial downs just drives me crazy. An offense of nobodies just put up 35 on us while we were at home. I was borderline devastated when we went with Vance over Rex, but I remained optimistic. Now I'm just pessimistic. Of course the offense turned around and resembles the offense it should be only for the defense to turn around and shit the bed almost as bad as the offense was last year. It's only two games, but that collapse against a mid-low tier team whilst at home just strips away all hope.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:54 pm It's only two games. But whatever Vance Joseph has been doing just isn't working with this club. The zone coverage on crucial downs just drives me crazy. An offense of nobodies just put up 35 on us while we were at home. I was borderline devastated when we went with Vance over Rex, but I remained optimistic. Now I'm just pessimistic. Of course the offense turned around and resembles the offense it should be only for the defense to turn around and shit the bed almost as bad as the offense was last year. It's only two games, but that collapse against a mid-low tier team whilst at home just strips away all hope.
VJ is trying to run a lot of Fangio’s coverages but without Fangio’s brain. VJ needs to just run his stuff, press man and bring the heat. They will give up big plays but these endless drives with the backbreaking 3rd and long conversions are brutal.

Still kind of amazing they brought Vance back. There was always going to be extra pressure because of how bad his HC tenure here went. That was not a good hire by Payton.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:50 pm Ugh, didn't realize we were second to Jets.
At this point I’ll just settle for an offense that can be fun and score in the 20s. Pretty done watching 16-13 snoozefests while other teams play exciting football.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:06 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:54 pm It's only two games. But whatever Vance Joseph has been doing just isn't working with this club. The zone coverage on crucial downs just drives me crazy. An offense of nobodies just put up 35 on us while we were at home. I was borderline devastated when we went with Vance over Rex, but I remained optimistic. Now I'm just pessimistic. Of course the offense turned around and resembles the offense it should be only for the defense to turn around and shit the bed almost as bad as the offense was last year. It's only two games, but that collapse against a mid-low tier team whilst at home just strips away all hope.
VJ is trying to run a lot of Fangio’s coverages but without Fangio’s brain. VJ needs to just run his stuff, press man and bring the heat. They will give up big plays but these endless drives with the backbreaking 3rd and long conversions are brutal.

Still kind of amazing they brought Vance back. There was always going to be extra pressure because of how bad his HC tenure here went. That was not a good hire by Payton.
There are so many skill players here that it just makes sense to play aggressively. Surtain and Simmons will shut everything down and constant pressure of opposing o-lines will prove beneficial at home at altitude.

Payton screwed up with the Vance hire and getting rid of McMoney. I know he missed a bit in 2022 but I'd rather have him than Lutz for sure. And it proved stupid in week 1 already.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:14 pm

There are so many skill players here that it just makes sense to play aggressively. Surtain and Simmons will shut everything down and constant pressure of opposing o-lines will prove beneficial at home at altitude.

Payton screwed up with the Vance hire and getting rid of McMoney. I know he missed a bit in 2022 but I'd rather have him than Lutz for sure. And it proved stupid in week 1 already.
Would also probably help Mathis who is a better fit in man and is really struggling right now.

Got some background on that. McManus was the union rep and told teammates not to go to voluntary workouts. Payton wanted to make a statement there. Still, he’s a fucking kicker. Who cares. Every young player would have attended anyway. Your kicker doesn’t need to be there. The signs of decline were there for Lutz too.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:18 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:14 pm

Would also probably help Mathis who is a better fit in man and is really struggling right now.

Got some background on that. McManus was the union rep and told teammates not to go to voluntary workouts. Payton wanted to make a statement there. Still, he’s a fucking kicker. Who cares. Every young player would have attended anyway. Your kicker doesn’t need to be there. The signs of decline were there for Lutz too.
I read about that McManus thing around the time it happened. Had the same reaction. I understand wanting to make a statement but there are less than 10 good kickers in the league and McManus was one of them for nearly ten seasons.

Hopefully Vance changes it up against Miami or we will have zero chance now that Tua gained superpowers after those concussions. Plus, the Broncos' worst winning percentage all time is against Miami. We're like 6-11 or some shit.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

This is the low point. The worst defensive performance in NFL history.

The Broncos are a bottom feeder franchise and likely will be for some time.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

They need to fire the whole coaching staff, only way to offer penance for this.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:11 pm They need to fire the whole coaching staff, only way to offer penance for this.
They made Payton either the highest or second highest paid coach in NFL history. How motivated do you think he is? He’s a well paid celebrity who will end his career with the reputation of turning the Saints into a winner. Nothing changes but his stress level with this job. Not sure he wants to do this that badly.

The Broncos hired VJ over Kyle Shanahan in 2017 and didn’t even offer Mike McDaniel, a Colorado native who started his career with the team. Endless pain.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And the Rockies are gonna get their first ever 100th loss tomorrow.

Colorado is all basketball and hockey right now.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also, if they do not want to play tight coverage because they are worried about giving up big plays…….well, no reason to worry about that is there?

102 points given up in the last 6.5 quarters
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:30 pm And the Rockies are gonna get their first ever 100th loss tomorrow.

The Nuggets will repeat, the Avs will at least be in the mix and CU will be very good next year

The Rockies will never be good. The Broncos will be but it’s too far off to imagine
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:34 pm
Jason wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:30 pm And the Rockies are gonna get their first ever 100th loss tomorrow.

The Nuggets will repeat, the Avs will at least be in the mix and CU will be very good next year

The Rockies will never be good. The Broncos will be but it’s too far off to imagine
The Avalanche could've repeated but were annihilated with injuries and got bounced in the first round. Their window is closing and they lost Landeskog for the 2nd straight season now. Might never play again. His last game was the Stanley Cup victory.

The only chance the Rockies have to be good is ownership. As long as this ownership remains, they will probably never even win 70 games.