Fucked

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Fucked

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I'm in debt. I'm trying to get a loan to pay off the debt. I can't get a loan because I'm in debt. How does that work? If I had money, I wouldn't need a loan. I was told I have insufficient credit history. I've had credit cards for over 25 years. I bought a car in 2008, which required taking out a loan. My credit score is sitting right at 800. How do I not have "sufficient" credit history? I have "insufficient positive payment history". I have never missed a payment on anything in my life. Up until the past 6 months, I have paid off my credit cards in full every month of my life. The aforementioned loan was paid off years ahead of schedule. What do they want from me?

I've done everything "right" my whole life. Got a job, killed myself for the job, saved, invested. Now? May as well have just sat around with my thumb up my ass for all the good it did me. I'm broke, my body's busted, and just when there was a glimmer of hope, I get told to fuck off. Shoulda just offed myself months ago when the depression was hitting hard. Now I'm just pissed and there's fuckall I can do about it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Fucked

Post by Tiggnutz »

Give Discover debt consolidation loans a look. They did mine. I believe we did the whole thing online.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:56 pm Give Discover debt consolidation loans a look. They did mine. I believe we did the whole thing online.
Talked to them earlier. They said I've been using my credit card too much and couldn't qualify. I'm getting the dumbest fucking reasons for being denied.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I wish I knew more about this shit. I've had a couple family members get into credit card debt/file for bankruptcy, but they each had some company/form of credit consolidation, with a payment plan etc. to help mitigate it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Interest rates are going up consistently to battle inflation so it might be better to wait a bit for them to come back down before doing the Consolidation loan. If you could put off the loan for awhile it could save you money in the long run
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

I hate hearing that, duder. Hope things have gotten better.