Survey on J-Horror and K-horror in America

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Ringu92

Survey on J-Horror and K-horror in America

Post by Ringu92 »

Hi everyone, I'm a highschool student and I'm doing a research paper on Japanese and Korean Horror movies in Japan! I'm basically looking into why and how there was a J-horror craze in the 2000s but has since dropped in popularity, while K-horror is currently on the rise.

It would greatly help me if you filled out this survey for me, it just asks questions like if you've watched certain J-horror or K-horror movies, how you found those movies etc.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: Survey on J-Horror and K-horror in America

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Filled it out. You seem hyper focused on the Ring and the Grudge. I thought those were both garbage films and there is much better stuff out there from that time and earlier.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Survey on J-Horror and K-horror in America

Post by zombie »

a few of the questions are too encompassing to answer well. like you have to like all the remakes more than all the originals, or vice versa. it's a weird way to do a survey.

save for the kaiju stuff, like godzilla etc, audition is probably what got me interested to check out what there was to offer in asian horror, even before i actually saw that film myself. the ring (the american remake) is the first related film that i saw. but since i've watched many more. audition, a tale of two sisters, the eye, and hausu are probably my favorites of what i've seen so far.

what are your favorite korean and japanese horror films, beyond ringu and ju-on?