Help me! I NEED to find this movie

You can talk about anything here
barret89

Help me! I NEED to find this movie

Post by barret89 »

Hello everyone,

when my sister and I were younger, one night, we stayed up longer without permission while our parents were out. That night, we watched a horror movie, which we still remember so clearly to this day. This must have been like 25-30 years ago, but we still talk of this movie almost every time we meet because we remember how terrified we both were. Help me find this movie. If I found this and gave it to her for Christmas, she would freak out.

So here is what we remember from the movie: Two children, a boy and a girl, grow up with their grandparents. At first it seems as if the grandparents are hiding something because the kids couldn't enter the barn, but when they do anyways the find a woman tied up in an old car. That woman turns out to be their mother, and she convinces them to free her. But once she's freed, it is revealed that the mother is insane and the grandpartens were only trying to keep the children safe from her. After her release, she starts chasing the kids. In one scene, the children are running in some kind of ditch and the mother jumps down from a small bridge. That's where we switched the station because we were too scared. :D

So, I would guess we watched this movie around 1996, so it is definitely not more recent than that. We watched it in German, so it can't have been a totally obscure indie production. If anyone has a clue which movie that could be, please let me know. You'd make both of our day/month/year.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: Help me! I NEED to find this movie

Post by Jigsaw »

Huh.

This doesn't ring any bells to me, as that's a pretty distinctive outline, but I wish you luck in figuring out what it is.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Grandmother's House
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Grandmother's House is a solid movie. Very unique. I dug it. Own the bluray.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Watched Grandmother's House for this past Challenge