What is this movie?

You can talk about anything here
AdmiralKenobi

What is this movie?

Post by AdmiralKenobi »

The movie begins with some teens driving around and they pick up a guy who is a bit strange. The guy turns out to be this indestructible monster that kills them all in the end. They end up in a house where they meet up with a guy who tries to kill it but fails and dies himself.

The movie ends with another group of teens driving around and pick up a blonde girl - supposed to be the only survivor of the massacre. She is taken into the vehicle but doesn't speak. She looks at the camera and shrieks - the movie goes to credits leaving the impression that she is the monster who killed the girl and took her form.

I think the movie is from the early 2000s but have no idea what the title is. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: What is this movie?

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Man there must've been a lot of horror I managed to avoid in the 00's. Actually sounds interesting, playing with hitchhiker tropes.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'm not sure if this is it, but I thought it was an interesting find lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365513/

Monster Man?
AdmiralKenobi

Post by AdmiralKenobi »

No, that's not it. The killer was on foot the whole time.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

One day I will be able to answer one of these unknown movies questions but not today
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

AdmiralKenobi wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:38 pm The movie begins with some teens driving around and they pick up a guy who is a bit strange. The guy turns out to be this indestructible monster that kills them all in the end. They end up in a house where they meet up with a guy who tries to kill it but fails and dies himself.

The movie ends with another group of teens driving around and pick up a blonde girl - supposed to be the only survivor of the massacre. She is taken into the vehicle but doesn't speak. She looks at the camera and shrieks - the movie goes to credits leaving the impression that she is the monster who killed the girl and took her form.

I think the movie is from the early 2000s but have no idea what the title is. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
The only thing I can think of is Penny Dreadful(the film, not the series, obviously), but I doubt that's it.

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:08 pm I'm not sure if this is it, but I thought it was an interesting find lol

Monster Man?
Monster Man is great. You should check it out at some point.

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:20 am One day I will be able to answer one of these unknown movies questions but not today
I used to be good at figuring this shit out, but now I'm old and my memory is shit. Doesn't help that post 2000 horror isn't as memorable.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:19 pm
AdmiralKenobi wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:38 pm The movie begins with some teens driving around and they pick up a guy who is a bit strange. The guy turns out to be this indestructible monster that kills them all in the end. They end up in a house where they meet up with a guy who tries to kill it but fails and dies himself.

The only thing I can think of is Penny Dreadful(the film, not the series, obviously), but I doubt that's it.

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:08 pm I'm not sure if this is it, but I thought it was an interesting find lol

Monster Man?
Monster Man is great. You should check it out at some point.

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:20 am One day I will be able to answer one of these unknown movies questions but not today
I used to be good at figuring this shit out, but now I'm old and my memory is shit. Doesn't help that post 2000 horror isn't as memorable.
Wait until you watch 80% of a movie before you realize you've seen it many times before. That's fun
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:37 pm Wait until you watch 80% of a movie before you realize you've seen it many times before. That's fun
Did that the other day, though I usually notice by the halfway point. All those concussions coming back to haunt me.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Dead End is the only 2000s highway horror that comes to mind but that couldn't be it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:14 pm Dead End is the only 2000s highway horror that comes to mind but that couldn't be it.
Yeah, that came to mind too initially but didn't really sound like it.