The more things change...

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
dave626

The more things change...

Post by dave626 »

The more they stay the same....

Here's what's been going on with me, for those who don't keep up with me on FB or have me on it...

Healthwise, it's a day to day struggle. Chronic lower back pain. Last year I had surgery on my left eye to pull it down, the muscle was too weak and it was floating causing blindness. Had carpal tunnel and elbow surgery 3 months later due to compressed nerves causing numbness in fingers. Too much leaning. This year I am struggling with migraines, fluid retention in my brain. Had an MRI done and we're in discussions for a shunt, brain surgery. Other possibilities include spinal tap. Doesn't sound fun.

Work has gotten worse. A lot of employee turnover. Most people quit, a couple have killed themselves (for other reasons) and one died of cancer. Some got fired. Things are in flux. My job's secure, for now, but not sure what the future holds as far as management is concerned.

Love life's still the same, still looking. No luck. I think I find the right person, then something always gets in the way. One day maybe...

So that's me. I work, I come home. Family has their own lives, friends work 2nd shift, making getting together difficult. But there are good things. I have movies, I keep myself busy, I have a curious mind and a vast internet to explore.

Trying not to bring my drama to the boards, but for those I've known since the beginning, I thought you'd like to know. Will try to stick to horror and such. Glad to be back here among people I call friends. This helps.

Just wanted you all to know what was going on with me since last I was here.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: The more things change...

Post by Tiggnutz »

When you are young you dream of the good times when you get older you realize that when shit isn't going completely to shit those are the good times.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Damn, I knew you had health issues before, damn shame things haven't gotten any better. You're a good man, Dave, you deserve better. Stay strong and my prayers are with you.
dave626

Post by dave626 »

Thanks.