Chucky

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Chucky

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Anyone watch this yet? I've been downloading the episodes, but haven't made the plunge yet. Might start next week, but was curious if anyone thought it was worth a damn?
zombie
Administrator

Re: Chucky

Post by zombie »

i was a little bit iffy on it to start, but it's gotten better as the series goes on. if you like the child's play series, i'm sure you'll find something to dig about the show too.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Is this the one on the LBGTQXYZ alphabet channel? I got ridiculous cable with 500 channels, but it can't find this. Must be the suck.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:Is this the one on the LBGTQXYZ alphabet channel? I got ridiculous cable with 500 channels, but it can't find this. Must be the suck.
It's should be on Syfy and USA from what I've read. I don't have a tv, so I'm not 100% positive.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

zombie wrote:i was a little bit iffy on it to start, but it's gotten better as the series goes on. if you like the child's play series, i'm sure you'll find something to dig about the show too.
I was concerned it would be too tame, since it's a tv show, but I've read they're still saying fuck and whatnot, so that's good to know.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
zombie wrote:i was a little bit iffy on it to start, but it's gotten better as the series goes on. if you like the child's play series, i'm sure you'll find something to dig about the show too.
I was concerned it would be too tame, since it's a tv show, but I've read they're still saying fuck and whatnot, so that's good to know.
i see it as somewhere along the lines of child's play 2 or 3, but done into an episodic format. the kills don't come as frequently but they're pretty violent considering.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm all caught up and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Not even going there. Nope.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Finally watched it. Pretty good so far, though the acting is a bit shit since it's kids and tv. Wish the girl died in episode three, but I still have my hopes up. The backstory stuff is interesting. Eddie's name sounded familiar, so I looked him up. It's cool that they had his buddy be someone he met as a kid.

Side note: The comment in the second episode about the kid's protein intake had me laughing. 50g/day at 109 lbs. is absurdly low, especially for an athlete. Dad was right about bumping it to 75g/day, even if he is a dick.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Soyboys are the ones making movies and TV lately, so of course they think 50g is a lot.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Is the joke the kid makes up for it with it's extra curricular activities?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:Is the joke the kid makes up for it with it's extra curricular activities?
There was no joke, it was just the dad being a dick to his kid. The kid's a shithead, too, though. Pretty much everyone in the show is a fucker and deserves to be killed. I think you're supposed to root for the main kid, but Chucky's kinda taking out the trash.