New Shit

How can we improve the board?
Jason
Administrator

Re: New Shit

Post by Jason »

Were the gif banners i made able to be implemented?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:15 am Were the gif banners i made able to be implemented?
Hadn't gotten to them yet. There were over a hundred of the old banners, so I needed a break after setting them up. They're in there now and working. They are larger than the standard banners, so it's not a great transition between the two, but it works.

Also, the Maniac one is a video file. Any chance you have it as a gif?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Well would you look at this, you guys rockin and rollin! Beautiful! :D
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:15 am Were the gif banners i made able to be implemented?
Hadn't gotten to them yet. There were over a hundred of the old banners, so I needed a break after setting them up. They're in there now and working. They are larger than the standard banners, so it's not a great transition between the two, but it works.

Also, the Maniac one is a video file. Any chance you have it as a gif?
A video file? No shit? Where are you pulling the image from?
https://i.imgur.com/CyQh85g.gif

That Maniac gif needed to be super high resolution for it to work. I'm wondering if it's so big that it automatically registers as a video file
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:30 pm A video file? No shit? Where are you pulling the image from?

That Maniac gif needed to be super high resolution for it to work. I'm wondering if it's so big that it automatically registers as a video file
That links to a video file. If you right-click to save, it comes up as an mp4. It may have been converted by imgur for some reason. Do you have the file on your PC?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Is that Motel Hell gif banner new? Fuckin A!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:36 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:30 pm A video file? No shit? Where are you pulling the image from?

That links to a video file. If you right-click to save, it comes up as an mp4. It may have been converted by imgur for some reason. Do you have the file on your PC?
Yeah. I should have it. But I'm at work so I'm on pure phone access.

1) Where should I upload it?
2) Are any others showing up as mp4?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:39 pm Is that Motel Hell gif banner new? Fuckin A!
Nah. If you look at the first post in the HMF Banner Work thread, all the banners are in the order I made them.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 pm Yeah. I should have it. But I'm at work so I'm on pure phone access.

Just that one. And you can upload it anywhere as a file(e.g. dropbox, mega, zippyshare, etc.).
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:39 pm Is that Motel Hell gif banner new? Fuckin A!
Nah. If you look at the first post in the HMF Banner Work thread, all the banners are in the order I made them.
Probably just been so long since I've gazed at the beaut!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 pm Yeah. I should have it. But I'm at work so I'm on pure phone access.

Just that one. And you can upload it anywhere as a file(e.g. dropbox, mega, zippyshare, etc.).
Ok. I'll give it a shot tonight if I have time
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:43 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Probably just been so long since I've gazed at the beaut!
Hard to believe it's been 4 years since I made all those. Doesn't feel so long ago.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

What gets me is that some of us have been around for almost twenty years now, from IMDB to here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:51 pm What gets me is that some of us have been around for almost twenty years now, from IMDB to here.

I joined the old fvsjfans board when peeps started leaving imdb. Still remember Cham, xj, Marco, Terminerd, Xtine., etc...
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:51 pm What gets me is that some of us have been around for almost twenty years now, from IMDB to here.
Pretty fucking crazy. D should write the book, how a silly horror movie ended up crafting decades long friendships.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Noticed the Near Dark and Motel Hell banners up top. They resize them to fit the top for the mobile devices. Not sure what it looks like on desktop yet
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jason wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:36 pm Noticed the Near Dark and Motel Hell banners up top. They resize them to fit the top for the mobile devices. Not sure what it looks like on desktop yet
Yeah, mobile has it's own settings. The gifs make the header bigger on PC, but are otherwise the same.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been stupid lately and I'm just fucking drained. People suck, life is shit, all the usual nonsense. Oh, and bah, humbug for good measure. Hopefully I'll be less annoyed and not dealing with shit in January so I can finish shit up.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

In the name of Ebenezer, you shall receive 0 schillings for 0 work then! What are my taxes for, I build these institutions and look at how poorly they are run. Bah! :ugeek:
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Due to the twitter drama, I decided to add a discord field to the profile page since that's a pretty common thing people have. Ironically, I have one, but haven't used it since I quit WoW.