New Shit

How can we improve the board?
Jason
Administrator

Re: New Shit

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:05 pm Jason, do you have that marble image background that we used to have? Could possibly throw that in as an optional theme.
Background, as in the red/blue that showed up in the background of our posts? I'm gonna dig around for the IMGur info.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:28 pm
Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:05 pm Jason, do you have that marble image background that we used to have? Could possibly throw that in as an optional theme.
Background, as in the red/blue that showed up in the background of our posts? I'm gonna dig around for the IMGur info.
I spent too much time looking through PMs. lol. The account login info for IMGur is on the main page in the "General Admin Tasks" forum. Every single thing should be uploaded there, including the old smileys I was able to obtain.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Blue theme background

Red theme background
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Additional backgrounds

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Wish I had more time. Having two minds going all at once would've had this shit probably knocked out by now. I'm gonna try to familiarize myself with the new admin panels and see where all the shit is.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Good deal. I think I'm done for today, though, so that shit will be on the docket for next week.

Also, HMF1 is pretty much done. I'm still looking for a more permanent solution to getting the profiles on the left, but in the interim, you can go to your control panel, and there's a tab on the far right with only one option, and that's to move the profiles/avatars over. So I'm gonna switch the main style over to HMF1 for now. Let me know if anyone finds anything fucky.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Ok. Last thing before I sign out (gotta be up for work in 3 hours Image). I am currently on a desktop. The admin panel is different on a mobile device with the new site update. Not sure if you're on a phone or desktop, but if I find where I made all the edits, the navigation could lead you on a different path if you're on mobile.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:01 pm Good deal. I think I'm done for today, though, so that shit will be on the docket for next week.

Also, HMF1 is pretty much done. I'm still looking for a more permanent solution to getting the profiles on the left, but in the interim, you can go to your control panel, and there's a tab on the far right with only one option, and that's to move the profiles/avatars over. So I'm gonna switch the main style over to HMF1 for now. Let me know if anyone finds anything fucky.
The only thing I've changed since the site update is the default skin. It's the blackboard, unless you changed it. That's the skin I'm currently viewing and it's not bad on the eyes.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I never use a phone. I'm not a philistine.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jason wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:05 pm The only thing I've changed since the site update is the default skin. It's the blackboard, unless you changed it. That's the skin I'm currently viewing and it's not bad on the eyes.
I literally just changed it from Blackboard to HMF1. Should look like the old boards for the most part.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:01 pm I'm still looking for a more permanent solution to getting the profiles on the left
Fuck. I gotta remember how I fixed that.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:07 pm
Jason wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:05 pm The only thing I've changed since the site update is the default skin. It's the blackboard, unless you changed it. That's the skin I'm currently viewing and it's not bad on the eyes.
I literally just changed it from Blackboard to HMF1. Should look like the old boards for the most part.
I'm on it now. I might switch back to blackboard until one of us finds the profile alignment options
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

And I immediately find something fucky. Easy fix, though.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jason wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:09 pm I'm on it now. I might switch back to blackboard until one of us finds the profile alignment options
Like I said above, you can move them to the left with an option in the user control panel. I just need to find a way to do it as a default.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:11 pm
Jason wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:09 pm I'm on it now. I might switch back to blackboard until one of us finds the profile alignment options
Like I said above, you can move them to the left with an option in the user control panel. I just need to find a way to do it as a default.
Yeah, but the perfectionist in me will never allow me to settle for that. lol. I fixed the damn thing once...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I have to give up for the night. Somewhere in the ACP is coding configuration and I can't even find that.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:01 pm Good deal. I think I'm done for today, though, so that shit will be on the docket for next week.
Ok, so I lied. Moved the profiles to the left, no added steps needed. Stupid "online" thing is still on the right, but that's a task for another day.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

The rotating banner thing is good to go, but I have to manually input the url for each fucking image. Gonna leave it off until that's done. Also, it removes the site name and description(the shit in the middle of the top). Not a huge deal, since the name's in the banners, but just pointing it out.

Where do we want it to redirect to?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:16 pm The rotating banner thing is good to go, but I have to manually input the url for each fucking image. Gonna leave it off until that's done. Also, it removes the site name and description(the shit in the middle of the top). Not a huge deal, since the name's in the banners, but just pointing it out.

Where do we want it to redirect to?
The original board had it redirect to the most recent topics.