New Shit

How can we improve the board?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

New Shit

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Reign asked me to dick around with stuff, so I'm gonna use this to post what I've done/am working on. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'll update this post with any updates/changes.

Done:

Fixed it so our homepage redirects to the boards instead of the hostgator site.
Uploaded the hand favicon DOMD made.
Fixed the "not secure" issue. You will need to update your bookmark(s) by adding "https://" at the start(e.g. instead of http://horrormoviefans.com[not secure] it should be https://horrormoviefans.com [secure]).
Fixed activation/notification email.
Got rid of the "This message has been posted successfully" bullshit after each post.
Boards updated.
Colors corrected and profiles moved to the left.
Add a link to "View unread posts" and "View new posts" on pages other than the index. See: Quick Links dropdown.
Added rotating banners.
Moved Online banner to the left.
Added old smilies.
Added a discord field to the profile page.
Add in new BBCode(namely a media tag that covers pics and videos from any site to simplify the process).

To Do:

Change online banner to the green button.
Change the buttons from square icons to actual words.
Look into having different themes/backgrounds.
Maybe setup a homepage. Not sure what we'd put here, but if people want it, I'll try to slap one together.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: New Shit

Post by Jigsaw »

I have no suggestions, I just wanted to thank you for working on this stuff.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:I have no suggestions, I just wanted to thank you for working on this stuff.
I'm just a monkey clicking on shit at random and hoping for the best.

Also, answer my email/PM question in the random chat.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

If you all do your part, and keep Slaughter hopped up on heavy metal, and his favorite snacks and drinks, we might have your wildest dreams by the weekend! I am currently shipping him a crate of CDs. They are leftovers from the fallout of KPPX, but still. :D
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I'm taking a break right now, though. Man's gotta eat.

Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Emails are fixed! That was some fucking dumb shit. And while it is fixed, the account I made to test it sent the shit to the junk mail. Still, at least the email was sent.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I remember my yahoo email account going to shit some years back. Couldn't delete the account, so I just abandoned it. Fuck yahoo.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Incredible. You legend
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Got rid of the "This message has been posted successfully" bullshit after each post. Still shows up when you delete a post, but shouldn't for posting/editing.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I do not miss that post confirmation thing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Updated the boards. Fucked everything in the process. Didn't realize it would get rid of everything. Hope people remember how they changed shit. I'm fucking tired, though, so I'm going to bed now that it's running again.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Great work Slaughterhouserock
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

First and foremost, thank you very much Slaughter. The bat signal is out to our brilliant graphical guys to help spruce!
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Can't tell you how fucking stressful it was when everything went to shit last night. Deleted everything, uploaded everything(which took an hour), then got nothing. Site's just not there. Damn near shit my pants. Support found the issue and fixed it, but it took another two hours. Then I finally updated the database, but the board was empty when I was done. Shit pants take two. Hit refresh and it showed up, so I guess it takes a second. But since I had to delete everything, we get the "beautiful" default boards. Didn't sleep for shit last night. Hopefully the new features will make fixing shit easier, but I haven't had a chance to look through them.

This is just another reason why we need to stay on top of updates. Normally, you just download the files that need updating, put them in, hit update, and you're done. Being around thirty updates behind, the only option was to delete everything and install all new shit, hence the fuckery we see now.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I can only imagine. I done told Jason and Seb and Tigg etc. to do this like 3 years ago but they basically told me to go fuck myself, so this is nice surprise! :D Thank you.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:52 pm I can only imagine. I done told Jason and Seb and Tigg etc. to do this like 3 years ago but they basically told me to go fuck myself, so this is nice surprise! :D Thank you.
Those were my exact words :|
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I'll post a couple youtube vids in the admin section so everyone can see how to update shit. It's really easy. The only issue is that if we add any extensions or some shit, they might not work with the new update, so it's ok to hold out for a few days till the extensions update in that case. Dunno if we'll end up using any, but just throwing it out there. Otherwise, if someone sees an update, set up a time and do the update.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:39 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:52 pm I can only imagine. I done told Jason and Seb and Tigg etc. to do this like 3 years ago but they basically told me to go fuck myself, so this is nice surprise! :D Thank you.
Those were my exact words :|
Maybe not you Tigg. But SEB, that sumabitch, he's always chaving on me. :evil: :mrgreen:
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I was admitting guilt bro
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:17 pm I was admitting guilt bro
And rightfully so! But the sins run deeper with some of these other ruffians.