lately ...

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Lunachic
Charter Member

lately ...

Post by Lunachic »

Some know my mom was diagnosed with a life ending illness and is on hospice care.. I brought her here to Texas to be with her family and her mother who is 91. They are roommates and love it . I take care of her 24/7 . Hospice provides a nurse and doctor home visit 2 times a week , hospital equipment , supplies but do not provide 24 hour care . Besides I've been taking care of her since February and she was given 6 months to live in April and was placed in a Hospice facility in critical condition but I was with her 20 hours a day and took care of her . She recovered nicely and was removed from critical status to stable and I checked her out and drove her here at her request. So I am really busy. I just got a video camera with mic to watch her and hear her so I am a little more flexible
Foo
Administrator

Re: lately ...

Post by Foo »

Lunachic wrote:Some know my mom was diagnosed with a life ending illness and is on hospice care.. I brought her here to Texas to be with her family and her mother who is 91. They are roommates and love it . I take care of her 24/7 . Hospice provides a nurse and doctor home visit 2 times a week , hospital equipment , supplies but do not provide 24 hour care . Besides I've been taking care of her since February and she was given 6 months to live in April and was placed in a Hospice facility in critical condition but I was with her 20 hours a day and took care of her . She recovered nicely and was removed from critical status to stable and I checked her out and drove her here at her request. So I am really busy. I just got a video camera with mic to watch her and hear her so I am a little more flexible
It is difficult. I have had my aunt with me for five years, the last two with 24 hour a day care. She has severe dementia and never knows where she is. I am currently in the planning stages of putting her into a nursing facility, as I feel of have done my part and with her mental state, I am not sure it matters. It is something I do not want my future wife to have to endure, so I am timing it around our wedding.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Foo wrote:
Lunachic wrote:Some know my mom was diagnosed with a life ending illness and is on hospice care.. I brought her here to Texas to be with her family and her mother who is 91. They are roommates and love it . I take care of her 24/7 . Hospice provides a nurse and doctor home visit 2 times a week , hospital equipment , supplies but do not provide 24 hour care . Besides I've been taking care of her since February and she was given 6 months to live in April and was placed in a Hospice facility in critical condition but I was with her 20 hours a day and took care of her . She recovered nicely and was removed from critical status to stable and I checked her out and drove her here at her request. So I am really busy. I just got a video camera with mic to watch her and hear her so I am a little more flexible
It is difficult. I have had my aunt with me for five years, the last two with 24 hour a day care. She has severe dementia and never knows where she is. I am currently in the planning stages of putting her into a nursing facility, as I feel of have done my part and with her mental state, I am not sure it matters. It is something I do not want my future wife to have to endure, so I am timing it around our wedding.
Very, I do understand
Due to the type of illness the accumulating Ammonia in her blood stream will be what kills her. Because of this she suffers from hepatic encephalopathy
it's devastating and will be what causes her to slip into a coma and pass .

on a happier note , congratulations Foo.. very happy for you
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Good crap, as if you needed more kinds of heartache. You're a true warrior, Luna. Glad to hear her condition has improved and things are looking a bit up. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:Good crap, as if you needed more kinds of heartache. You're a true warrior, Luna. Glad to hear her condition has improved and things are looking a bit up. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
Ditto my broheem.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Thanks guys
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:Good crap, as if you needed more kinds of heartache. You're a true warrior, Luna. Glad to hear her condition has improved and things are looking a bit up. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
A dream warrior! J-Mac, play Dokken!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
A dream warrior! J-Mac, play Dokken!
Gotta get out the Marshall for this one. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Dream Warriors literally came on randomly on my playlist when I was driving like 30 minutes ago.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Sorry to hear that Luna. Sounds awful. I was glad when my mom got her cancer we had all kinds of help because there is no way I could've been as strong as you are being. Well done. Hopefully you get sone good moments together before the end.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I have nothing but respect for you Luna you're as strong as they come. I'm at the age now where I do nothing but worry about my parents constantly.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Thank you guys , my Mom passed on August 14th . Same week my daughter died , that fucked with my head and heart ☹️
Went away for a little bit got very sick for around a month but I am coming out of it .
dave626

Post by dave626 »

That would fuck with anyone. Glad you are back on the boards. Always thinking of you and wishing you well. Take all the time you need. I've been away too. Had to find my way back to this new place. Trying not to ruffle too many feathers this time. LOL
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lunachic wrote:Thank you guys , my Mom passed on August 14th . Same week my daughter died , that fucked with my head and heart ☹️
Went away for a little bit got very sick for around a month but I am coming out of it .
That is heartbreaking. So sorry to hear it. Hope you’re doing ok. Will be a tough year emotionally but hopefully you’re ok. Nearly 2 years since mom died and I’m still trying to come to grips with it at times.