Halloween

I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another
Seven trying to keep him locked up for I realized what was
Living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil
dave626

Halloween

Post by dave626 »

Thoughts? Danny McBride, Carpenter exec. producing. Gritty, but McBride's known more for comedy. And they're making him more "human" as in can be killed/hurt. I am currently skeptical. Will wait to pass full judgment when I hear more about casting and see a trailer, but it's not looking good. Hope I'm wrong.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Halloween

Post by showa58taro »

Never been excited by a Danny McBride thing ever. Why start now?
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Figured i'd bring this back up again since more information has been discussed from John Carpenter.

Ok, so Halloween 2018 is gonna continue or pick up after the events of the first film. So, Halloween 2 and everything after that never happened in this timeline. That means, Laurie Strode has no relation to Michael. Michael is just some person (with no supernatural powers) who killed his sister and is going around stalking and murdering random people on Halloween. I assume the film is taking place in present day and Laurie now has a daughter who would be around her age in the first film and Michael hasn't been seen since that night.

So has Michael been stalking Laurie all these years since or does something happen that causes Laurie to come back to Haddonfield that causes Michael to give chase again? Maybe something else entirely different? Thoughts?

I'm just making speculation on the plot until an actual synopsis comes out?
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I was never thrilled about the family tree in the sequels. Suits me fine if they do away with that.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

why does it have to be that he was not active for the last 40 years or so? why is that always a thing when jamie lee comes back?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Intrigued, since John seemed to always take his script for II as a drunken mistake when he added that detail, so I'm interested to see this alternate timeline. That said, I need to shake my 30+ years of being used to them being siblings.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Grampa Myers.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:Grampa Myers.
Pretty much. Though, that isn't saying much since people these days are becoming grandparents in their 30's :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

JLC brings way too much baggage to the movie and it feels like a publicity stunt.

She has been in three movies where being the sister of Michael Myers is integral to the plot, two remakes where her character was reprised and being his sister was integral to the plot, and 4 others where her daughter being the niece was integral to the plot.

One could argue that centering another Halloween on Laurie is too much, but having JLC in it, dismissing other films in which she played that character, and rewriting the character, sounds like a disaster.

If they want to go the route of picking up right after the original, center it on Loomis. Especially if there is no real connection between Laurie and Michael, it makes sense that Michael moves on, Loomis continues the hunt, and Laurie resumes her life.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it is a little weird that freddy and michael myers are the only ones that have to keep coming back to their first final girl.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Jason wrote:Grampa Myers.
That didn't stop Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw 3D. :P
JohnBlack

Post by JohnBlack »

I enjoyed it for the most part. Brutal at times. I like Mikey that way. Jamie is the one that has to die before this franchise is dead. I've always had a fondness for her but her tricking and treating fucking up Mikey's life...enough is enough. Be killed and he can kill more or just wither away himself and die. Her extended family was interesting yet seemed unnecessary. Maybe she was a hooker all drugged up for 40 years...I don't know loved her in 1 & 2 than I just wanted her dead. That's just me though. If they had kept her alive after those two have her as a accomplice/twisted incest psycho killer sister thing going on...than gets offed by Mikey by accident. Loomis throws in her Mikey's deadly web or some shit. I want Myers living til the very end. Its Laurie that has it coming. Fucking bitch.