The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave (1971)

Horreur, Hörrör, ホラー映画、il horroria. Der Schreckfilm, skräckfilmer.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave (1971)

Post by Jigsaw »

So I've seen this movie before, a really poor print off Mill Creek's 50 movie pack called Pure Terror, so the movie didn't do much for me the first time around.

Seeing it again on Shudder (which not only has infinitely better video quality, but is in it's original Italian, with English subtitles) yesterday, The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave struck me as a very good movie. Has a nice giallo feel, and mixes in some dashes of classic Italian gothic feels.

Also, being a giallo, I did quite love the amount of potential suspects and reasons for the on-going mysterious murders. Because it's been years since I'd last seen it (and I saw only a poor copy), I didn't remember how the film ended, so come the finale, great times were had.

Not sure if this movie would be something anyone would be interested in, and I know it's popularity has probably grown since it was released on Blu-Ray, but wanted to give a shout-out to it.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Re: The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave (1971)

Post by Jason »

I haven't seen this movie in over 10 years and I was just thinking about it the other day. Weird.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Well, I know you despise Shudder (or more streaming in general), so the Arrow Blu-ray may be the way to go. :P

Hope you're doing well - haven't been on much recently.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Mostly just despise netflix. Aside from its horror dedication, I don't know much about Shudder. Still would never give a dime to it. I already have access to all the movies on all the streaming sites that everyone is paying for, sitting right there in my theater room. And I don't have to worry about my internet connection lagging out or the streaming service dumping the movie I wanted to see.

I already own this particular movie in a DVD bundle called The Walking Dead (came out before the TV show). Has about 9 movies on it and this was one of the ones I watched. I mainly remember some guy having this chick tied up in his torture chamber and beating the shit out of her or something. :p
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:I already own this particular movie in a DVD bundle called The Walking Dead (came out before the TV show). Has about 9 movies on it and this was one of the ones I watched. I mainly remember some guy having this chick tied up in his torture chamber and beating the shit out of her or something. :p
My main concern is the copy on that 9-pack is of the same quality as my copy from the 50-pack is. But that is the gist of the first 15 minutes, yes. :P