Shang-Chi (Possible Spoilers)

This is where you post your review to be posted on the main site. Reviews will screened for relevance and spelling before it is posted to the main site.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Shang-Chi (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Tiggnutz »

Things I like. Some quality fight choreography and also some beautiful environments that really look great. Simu Liu and Tony Leung were very good in their roles as Shang-Chi and Mandarin respectively. Things I didn't like. This story telling is abysmal, its all over the place with absolutely no flow at all. This reflects bad on the direction in my opinion. The conveint plot turns reminded me of The Rise of Skywalker, just absurd. An example not exactly pertaining to this movie would be "Hey we need to go here but nobody knows how to get there its almost impossible" random new character "how fortunate for you guys i happen to know a way that makes the previous 30 minutes of this movie pointless". Another example "hey all hope is lost i wish there was something amazing to help, what luck i just randomly fell on it coincidentally". Its lazy writing. I didn't like Awkwafina in this film I dont think she's a very good actress but like Michael B. Jordan in Black Panther I'm in the minority for thinking that so thats more of a me thing. Lots of the scenes of the movie are blatantly ripped off from other films.. There were some surpise characters that are for the comics fans out there that were ok but I couldn't get past the wonky plot direction to fully enjoy them. Final grade is a C. Not sure its worth spending theatre money to see this but as is with all of this review thats just my opinion.