Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
Jason
Administrator

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Post by Jason »

One of the GOAT horror games. Anybody every played it heard of it? :p

Would be completely surprised if anybody's ever played it. I discovered it about 5-7 years ago when I was digging the video game archives for great survival horror games. I found this one. Your character is Alexandra Roivas and she is investigating the brutal murder of her grandfather Edward inside his mansion in a remote area of Rhode Island. She discovers a secret room in his mansion and finds a book called The Tome of Eternal Darkness. With this new finding, she experiences a flashback to 26 B.C., where a respected Roman military commander named Pious is guided by mysterious voices that lead him to the exact book that was found in Edward's secret room. He is overcome by its powers and in a timeline of events, you discover the affiliation with Pious' discovery of the book, to the death of Edward.

This game is something else. It is very Resident Evil-esque in terror, but that isn't even the half of it. Because this game is so frightening, your character is given a fright meter, and the lower it goes, the more insane she becomes, meaning she will see things that just aren't there. This game did the unthinkable and not only has the ability to make your character go insane, but it will make you, the player, lose your mind, as well. You'll see what I mean if you ever get to play it. It's a game I feel lucky to have discovered. Anybody want to give it a shot?

showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Post by showa58taro »

Great post. In 2001. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Like looking at an old polaroid picture, it has its retro charm but lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

You guys sound like all those modern day goons who only know about horror remakes.

"Evil Dead? There's even a series? I thought there was only one that came out in 2013? Didn't know that was a remake. Hmm. Interesting."
"Oh, shit. There's an original Freddy Krueger, too?! Well I'll be god damned."
"Wow, so you're telling me there's an original The Thing, but a remake in the 80's and now another remake in 2011?. Well, fuck my ass and call me a bitch."
"Nah, I'm not gonna watch the originals. They're too old"
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I love old games, but this obscure daddy is not on my radar, and reading up on it that seems perfectly legit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:I love old games.
Oh, stfu.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
Oh, stfu.
I do. I will download the old retro games on consoles. I'll play online emulators etc. etc. but. IM also aware the modern games have perfected a lot of the stuff they started 30 years ago.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I love old games too and we just like giving you shit for your hatred of all things in modernity.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:I love old games too and we just like giving you shit for your hatred of all things in modernity.
The Last of Us was one of the greatest god damn games I've ever played in my life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
Oh, stfu.
I do. I will download the old retro games on consoles. I'll play online emulators etc. etc. but. IM also aware the modern games have perfected a lot of the stuff they started 30 years ago.
They haven't perfected diddily. They've improved graphics, which really doesn't mean shit. They're aiming too hard for realism in their visuals. Most games have realistic looking graphics, then a character starts talking or opens their mouth and it looks hilariously bad compared to how real the rest of it looks.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I love old games too and we just like giving you shit for your hatred of damn near all things in modernity.
The Last of Us was one of the greatest god damn games I've ever played in my life.
K, fixed my post.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I made this post because I know you shitheads would likely enjoy the hell out of it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Solid thread, would read again.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

7/Hamster for creativity.