Godzilla vs Kong

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Monster
Charter Member

Godzilla vs Kong

Post by Monster »

Monster
Charter Member

Re: Godzilla vs Kong

Post by Monster »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that 90% of this is stupid human shit no one gives a flying fuck about.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

And hip hop? Fuck's sake. That's a metal match up if there ever was one.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Look'n awesome (I expect more of a 70% ratio like KOTM regarding human interference) but what a way to kill my enthusiasm with that shitty rap music over it. Disgusted my ears.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s not a great matchup. One is a big ape. The other can breathe nuclear flames and exude radiation. Like, Kong is cool and all but come on.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Yeah, I never understood this match up. I get it back in the day because "us vs. japan" mentality, but now? Especially after Godzilla just fucked up Ghidorah? Don't make me laugh.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:Yeah, I never understood this match up. I get it back in the day because "us vs. japan" mentality, but now? Especially after Godzilla just fucked up Ghidorah? Don't make me laugh.
Exactly! What a load of nonsense. The best (and will never happen) is that Godzilla recognizes it’s a dumb matchup and uses the fight to “play dead” so these pathetic humans leave him alone.

Alternatively they add a badass actual villain and Kong just adds a bit of wallop here and there.

But it certainly holds no realistic appeal as a fight. I’m sure as a film it’ll be fine.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Yeah it really seems like this should've been before KOTM, but I guess things were already in production motion after the apparent success of Skull Island (I don't recall it doing *that* well).

I know they're beefing Kong up, but even then it still feels lopsided. But I guess that's what gives Kong the underdog edge.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Who thinks this movie ends with Zilla and Kong teaming up to fight something else.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:Who thinks this movie ends with Zilla and Kong teaming up to fight something else.
That would be for the best, but I assume it will end with a draw of some sort. These types of things always puss out in the end. Can't upset the fanbase and all that jazz. And, honestly, they can't kill either of them off, cause that would mean they can't make more movies(in this universe anyway, since they've both been redone a million times). It's FvJ all over again. Fuck that wink.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:Who thinks this movie ends with Zilla and Kong teaming up to fight something else.
Most likely Mechagodzilla, since that was hinted at. Mechagodzilla may the one really going berzerk, ED-209 style.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I hope they team up to kill the dumb fucking people who will inevitably piss off the audience by existing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Monster wrote:I hope they team up to kill the dumb fucking people who will inevitably piss off the audience by existing.
It's funny, but I never have a problem with the people in Godzilla films, except for the american made ones. The japanese films are generally fine for some reason. Shin Godzilla had stupid amounts of dialogue, with a major focus on the human side of things(even involving the politics of a monster attack), but it was great.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Damn Shin Godzilla was good. So glad I caught it on the big screen too.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The King is going to destroy that tall awkward baby-armed bitch. Better run, Godzilla. The King is here.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Monster wrote:I hope they team up to kill the dumb fucking people who will inevitably piss off the audience by existing.
It's funny, but I never have a problem with the people in Godzilla films, except for the american made ones. The japanese films are generally fine for some reason. Shin Godzilla had stupid amounts of dialogue, with a major focus on the human side of things(even involving the politics of a monster attack), but it was great.
i'm with you there. I love the Japanese movies. Godzilla, 98, 2014, and the recent King of the Monsters though... I hated almost everyone.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Damn Shin Godzilla was good. So glad I caught it on the big screen too.
Still have not seen it :(
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Damn Shin Godzilla was good. So glad I caught it on the big screen too.
You gotta. It carried the trend of the original and Return of Godzilla (or Godzilla 1984, which does come off a smidge cheesier than the original cut) of taking the material seriously, and even went above those in seriousness. It's almost like a David Fincher Political/Socio-Thriller, with Godzilla as a backdrop. The FX aren't top notch, but I'm so engrossed with how good the rest of the movie is, I overlook most of it.

I still laugh at the baby form though. It's the eyes. Even though I know it's being realistic with what they based the eyes on, but it's still goofy to see. Would still be horrifying seeing that coming down the street :P

It's what the Legendary series should do, but they're kinda sticking half-in-half-out with the whole people-character-drama stuff, while still drying to be pop-corn-silly that it's coming off awkward. And they've killed off the only good characters so far (Cranston and Watanabe, dammit).
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
You gotta. It carried the trend of the original and Return of Godzilla (or Godzilla 1984, which does come off a smidge cheesier than the original cut) of taking the material seriously, and even went above those in seriousness. It's almost like a David Fincher Political/Socio-Thriller, with Godzilla as a backdrop. The FX aren't top notch, but I'm so engrossed with how good the rest of the movie is, I overlook most of it.

I still laugh at the baby form though. It's the eyes. Even though I know it's being realistic with what they based the eyes on, but it's still goofy to see. Would still be horrifying seeing that coming down the street :P

It's what the Legendary series should do, but they're kinda sticking half-in-half-out with the whole people-character-drama stuff, while still drying to be pop-corn-silly that it's coming off awkward. And they've killed off the only good characters so far (Cranston and Watanabe, dammit).
It Comes out on Blu-ray February 2nd that's when i will grab it
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Must be a new release, I got it as soon as it was available a couple years back.