Street Trash

Chance to talk about the Indie flicks sticking it to the man.
zombie
Administrator

Street Trash

Post by zombie »

honestly not sure what does and doesn't qualify as indie, as far as horror goes. but i think street trash counts. and it's awesome.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: Street Trash

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

zombie wrote:honestly not sure what does and doesn't qualify as indie, as far as horror goes. but i think street trash counts. and it's awesome.
It sure as fuck wasn't released by Universal, so I think you're fine. Indie means not released by a major studio, so yeah, it's an indie film. I'd even go as far as to say it's a classic, but that's me.

Street Trash is a film that lays dormant in the back of your mind until you come across it while looking for something to watch and remember just how great it truly is. Highly entertaining and just plain fun, but not something you ever really seek out. Almost as if it needs to come to you, if that makes any sense.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it probably could qualify as a classic, but there is going to be overlap. (many foreign horror flicks could be considered classics as well)

i hadn't seen street trash, until a couple years into hmf. and didn't actually pick it up until getting a frightrags t-shirt for the movie. but i've since watched quite a bit. probably very near the toxic avenger as far as favorites go.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Fun fact - I've not seen a single Toxic Avenger movie.

:p
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Toxie and Street Trash are both worth checking out, so do it! and then you can include them in your top 80s list, whenever you get around to finishing it. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
zombie wrote:honestly not sure what does and doesn't qualify as indie, as far as horror goes. but i think street trash counts. and it's awesome.
It sure as fuck wasn't released by Universal, so I think you're fine. Indie means not released by a major studio, so yeah, it's an indie film. I'd even go as far as to say it's a classic, but that's me.

Street Trash is a film that lays dormant in the back of your mind until you come across it while looking for something to watch and remember just how great it truly is. Highly entertaining and just plain fun, but not something you ever really seek out. Almost as if it needs to come to you, if that makes any sense.
Ya know, it actually makes a metric shit ton of sense to me. I love it as well. And it's not necessarily on the mind when thinking of things to watch, I just come across it/it comes to me and it's all "Ahhh, yeah!".