October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Havok
Charter Member

October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by Havok »

Six days remain until the Quarantined edition of the October challenge begins.

Talk your strategy, plans and films on your watch list.
zombie
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by zombie »

i'm likely to start with becky. and then don't breathe and ready or not, to follow.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Not sure what I'm starting with, but I do plan on watching a decent amount of classics (1930's-1970's), so I'll probably find something solid to start off the month with.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

If only it could be a true quarantine edition for me, I still have to work :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I had a vacation planned during the first week of October, but that may no longer be the case. Won't know until 27th or 28th.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Just moved and hooked up tv. Should be able to participate this year. I love the challenge. ❤️
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I just now noticed something......2017 we reached 90 pages during the challenge discussions. 2018, was 87. 2019, was 88. That's pretty fucking consistent. Let's hope we get to those numbers again!

Anyone else having trouble not watching horror movies? For example, I watched Lake Placid yesterday, then about 30 minutes into it realized I should stop watching. Too close to the challenge!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I've been restraining myself until October, which is why I guess if everyone bails on Night of the Comet tomorrow, it's cool.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

yes. I have been wanting to watch The Blob remake for the past week. I've gone back and forth on whether or not I should. Bring on October, dammit!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I've honestly not been in a big horror mood since I lost one of my computers that happened to have my reviews on it (one of the reasons I've not been updating my review blog or twitter), hopefully I can get back into the mood as October goes along.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I've been restraining myself until October, which is why I guess if everyone bails on Night of the Comet tomorrow, it's cool.
My band might be live streaming on Facebook tomorrow night. So, I'm out. I had a better chance last weekend lol.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Monster wrote:yes. I have been wanting to watch The Blob remake for the past week. I've gone back and forth on whether or not I should. Bring on October, dammit!
Kevin Dillon's mullet is so glorious in that, I dont know how I am gonna resist! ! :lol:
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:I've honestly not been in a big horror mood since I lost one of my computers that happened to have my reviews on it (one of the reasons I've not been updating my review blog or twitter), hopefully I can get back into the mood as October goes along.
It will come back to ya. That sucks though. I understand. I've lost songs I can never get back. Without horror though, you wouldn't have had the drive to write those reviews in the first place. You'll find the inspiration again.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Monster wrote:yes. I have been wanting to watch The Blob remake for the past week. I've gone back and forth on whether or not I should. Bring on October, dammit!
Kevin Dillon's mullet is so glorious in that, I dont know how I am gonna resist! ! :lol:
:lol: He didn't even need to say "I have a problem with authority". The mullet says it all.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Monster wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
:lol: He didn't even need to say "I have a problem with authority". The mullet says it all.
Hahahaha! Exactly.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I'm thinking this will be my first watch for the challenge.

Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Better or worse quality than Day of the Reaper? Only time will tell. :P
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Have you been keeping up with the radio shows, Jiggy?

We watched one called 8 Ball Clown during this months marathon and it was something else. I do suggest giving that show a listen whenever you have the time, it was an interesting show.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote:Have you been keeping up with the radio shows, Jiggy?

We watched one called 8 Ball Clown during this months marathon and it was something else. I do suggest giving that show a listen whenever you have the time, it was an interesting show.
I listen to one, plan on listening to the next, and I can almost never do it, so I apologize, I haven't been. I'll give some of those a listen before October if I can manage.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

This should be fun. I have a few on my watch list for this coming month.