Fantasy Football 2020

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Fantasy Football 2020

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Yeah, I made it in time. Barely though. Looks like I'm up first. Want me to just go ahead and pick?
oh dear god
Ok, I thought we were gonna start when everyone arrived. Fuck man. I just walked in the door
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Think consensus first pick is ok.

You guys stole a couple from under my nose. :D
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

My phone kept fucking freezing up. Oh well. I got to make a good bit of my picks anyway.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I definitely had no competition for Ruggs there. :D brutal homer pick. But there was a CIN receiver left on the board for ages. Assumed he was shit since J-Mac passed him over repeatedly.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Good. I got to make all of mine. Live is fast. Should go that Route every year.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:My phone kept fucking freezing up. Oh well. I got to make a good bit of my picks anyway.
We basically had 2.5 people picking their teams lol
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:I definitely had no competition for Ruggs there. :D brutal homer pick. But there was a CIN receiver left on the board for ages. Assumed he was shit since J-Mac passed him over repeatedly.
Nah. Tyler Boyd is a fuckin stud. Great #2. But the Bengals are stacked at receiver. And with drafting Tee Higgins, a healthy AK Green, his numbers should decline.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Gotcha. I just didn’t want to grab a JMac reject if tgere was a problem. May regret that now.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Good. I got to make all of mine. Live is fast. Should go that Route every year.
I'd love to do that next year. I've never drafted that way. I didnt know the start time was set in stone, and I had to learn how to navigate the app. Now I know.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I like the HMF drafts. I hope we can go back to the way it was next year.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Gotcha. I just didn’t want to grab a JMac reject if tgere was a problem. May regret that now.
He is a great slot receiver. He's had back to back 1,000 yard seasons, and 5 and 7 TD's respectively. Not much value for fantasy imo. But he will give ya a big game 4 times a year.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I don't feel great about the way this went down but I do get why it had to be this way. None of us were being proactive and waiting into the week would have been bad. Just shitty for Tigg and kind of taints the whole thing. But the entire year is an asterisk so what's fantasy
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:I like the HMF drafts. I hope we can go back to the way it was next year.

There is a charm to a weeklong draft too. Way better banter! But slower I guess. This gave Reign a solid team without our involvement. Plus less to track and less to put in for me.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:I don't feel great about the way this went down but I do get why it had to be this way. None of us were being proactive and waiting into the week would have been bad. Just shitty for Tigg and kind of taints the whole thing. But the entire year is an asterisk so what's fantasy
Work fucked me last week. Got roped into a museum audit that is late and my main audit has hit a fuckoff massive headache this year. Normally done by mid July. This year going to October. So been way more hectic than I’d like.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I like the HMF drafts. I hope we can go back to the way it was next year.

There is a charm to a weeklong draft too. Way better banter! But slower I guess. This gave Reign a solid team without our involvement. Plus less to track and less to put in for me.
No question it's easier and more efficient but the miserable days where we get one round in is part of the charm! I'll never forget Lynn Felmet screaming at someone to make their pick after like 5 minutes.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I don't feel great about the way this went down but I do get why it had to be this way. None of us were being proactive and waiting into the week would have been bad. Just shitty for Tigg and kind of taints the whole thing. But the entire year is an asterisk so what's fantasy
Work fucked me last week. Got roped into a museum audit that is late and my main audit has hit a fuckoff massive headache this year. Normally done by mid July. This year going to October. So been way more hectic than I’d like.
Totally get it. In the end we wanted to play and we're playing. We're the two who have the least room to complain since we actually made all of our picks.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Still think better this and have something to play for than to skip it entirely. This’ll give me fun whilst watching games.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

No question it's easier and more efficient but the miserable days where we get one round in is part of the charm! I'll never forget Lynn Felmet screaming at someone to make their pick after like 5 minutes.
Yeah in fairness the 50 page draft threads and draft chat were really something to behold. Going 2 full rounds felt like the fastest thing ever. Next year, start early, get 6, rock it.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I think doing it this way, it would take 45 minutes if all of us participated. Instead of 9 days. Lol
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Right. Bedtime I fear. Chat tomorrow lads