Supernatural

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Jason
Administrator

Supernatural

Post by Jason »

Surprised there's no thread on this board yet. Then again, the show went to shit.

Let's talk about how great the first 5 seasons were. Especially the first three.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Supernatural

Post by zombie »

favorite season? favorite single episode?

also you can't just throw away the later seasons cause mark sheppard and felicia day! :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm on season 3 episode 16 as me and Jen rewatch the series. Episodes that stick out so far are the one with the cursed rabbits foot and the groundhog day one.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:I'm on season 3 episode 16 as me and Jen rewatch the series. Episodes that stick out so far are the one with the cursed rabbits foot and the groundhog day one.
Gems, for sure.

I loved the scarecrow episode and my favorite storyline was the Colt gun and the hunt for the demon that killed the mother.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

'Scarecrow was pretty dope, and had the Hoosier state represented.

#JustHoosierThingsBrah
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The episode about the shapeshifter who turned into Universal Studios movie monsters is also in my top 5 episodes
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I thought about restarting from the beginning. Been a few years since I last watched. Finished season 11 and haven't touched. Show was very important in my early to mid 20s. Watched the first episode recently and it held up decently.
Melz

Post by Melz »

Mel's Ode to Supernatural ;)

Two more episodes left till the series finale. I'm sad, but it's time. I'm ready. I'm trying not to be maudlin (after all, it IS only a tv show), but you know what--it has been a big part of my life for 15 years, and so the hell what if I want to be maudlin!

A lot has happened in the last 15 years for me, the least of which is I have aged that much--I was 34 years old when I sat on my parent's sofa in 2005 to watch the very first episode. Now, I am about to turn 50. Both of my parents have passed, my kids have all grown up. All of them (except for the youngest who will next year) have graduated. My autistic daughter was 14 when she started watching Supernatural with me, and is a die-hard fan now at 27. We connected over Supernatural when it was hard for us to connect and we still have that to this day. Most might not understand, but I am grateful for it. I have changed jobs. Moved to a new home. I have a grandbaby now, for crying out loud!! lol Life has changed quite a bit for me in 15 years, and the fact that Supernatural is STILL on is pretty impressive to me! :D

I'll admit, Supernatural lost some shine for me over the years due to it's tendency to fall back on the 'monster-of-the-week' schtick and not enough focus on the main story lines. I missed more than a few shows because I knew I could catch up on the CW or Netflix when I wanted. Never lost my love for the show, though.
It's a great show, with great characters, great story lines, and despite the fact that the show was living on borrowed time for several years, it survived anyway. Flourished and thrived despite a writers strike and them totally screwing up season after season after the first 3 or so. It lasted FIFTEEN FREAKING YEARS!! That is unheard of for most any tv show, much less one of this genre. It is amazing no matter how you look at it.

Yeah, I'm VERY proud of my show. I love my Winchester boys. I love my show, and I will miss them.