The Batman

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Monster
Charter Member

The Batman

Post by Monster »

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: The Batman

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Think I watched this trailer like 5 times last night. Looks so fuck'n good. And I'm even pleasantly surprised this is the first one they address the black makeup under the mask, rather than magically disappearing like in Batman Returns :P

The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League looks great too...but couldn't watch that too many times because I'm not a fan of that Hallelujah song.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Haven't liked Patterson in anything to date, but this looks surprisingly good.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Was skeptical but now excited to see what looks like a real Batman detective story. Not a bad thing to scale back a little bit to get a fresh take.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

looking very cool. and not even done shooting yet, by the reports. can't wait to see what's to come closer to the release.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Story looks good. Should've kept Batfleck.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Story looks good. Should've kept Batfleck.
Unfortunately Ben was sick of WB's meddling shit, so he bowed out altogether. Though...he's helping Zack for any additional footage for the proper Justice League movie, AND he's actually agreed to come back for the Flash movie just recently (I mean, to play Batman in the same movie that Michael Keaton's playing Batman is a hard opportunity to pass)

Sorrysorrysorry, official story is Ben "didn't have his heart in it" regarding the solo movie, but again, I protest WB's meddling with BvS and worse Justice League likely caused killing of his enthusiasm :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:Story looks good. Should've kept Batfleck.
Unfortunately Ben was sick of WB's meddling shit, so he bowed out altogether. Though...he's helping Zack for any additional footage for the proper Justice League movie, AND he's actually agreed to come back for the Flash movie just recently (I mean, to play Batman in the same movie that Michael Keaton's playing Batman is a hard opportunity to pass)

Sorrysorrysorry, official story is Ben "didn't have his heart in it" regarding the solo movie, but again, I protest WB's meddling with BvS and worse Justice League likely caused killing of his enthusiasm :P
That's probably why he didn't have his heart in it. :p

Pattinson should've been Spiderman, if anything, imo. Pattinson just doesn't strike me as a grown ass man and he's playing fucking Batman. Lol.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Watched a bit of the trailer - looks decent (or at least different). Who's the villain in this one, Hush? It probably made it clear somewhere in there, but I didn't watch the whole thing, and I'm not able to use Google to look for easily attainable answers at this moment. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:Watched a bit of the trailer - looks decent (or at least different). Who's the villain in this one, Hush? It probably made it clear somewhere in there, but I didn't watch the whole thing, and I'm not able to use Google to look for easily attainable answers at this moment. :P
It hasn't been clear who the main villain is, but Riddler, Penguin (Colin Fuck'n Farrell) and Catwoman is confirmed, and there have been rumors about the Court of Owls (which is what the guy in goggles looks like to me, but until I'm sure, I don't know)
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jigsaw wrote:Watched a bit of the trailer - looks decent (or at least different). Who's the villain in this one, Hush? It probably made it clear somewhere in there, but I didn't watch the whole thing, and I'm not able to use Google to look for easily attainable answers at this moment. :P
It hasn't been clear who the main villain is, but Riddler, Penguin (Colin Fuck'n Farrell) and Catwoman is confirmed, and there have been rumors about the Court of Owls (which is what the guy in goggles looks like to me, but until I'm sure, I don't know)
Yeah, never been a big fan of Catwoman, but it'll be interesting to see where this goes, anyway.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:
Yeah, never been a big fan of Catwoman, but it'll be interesting to see where this goes, anyway.
If anything I expect her to be nothing more than a grey anti-hero like she's been portrayed over the last 25 years. "main" villian? Nada :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I remember being dragged to Catwoman in theaters. What a picture.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Headhunter wrote:I remember being dragged to Catwoman in theaters. What a picture.
lol, I still managed to not sit through that one :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:I remember being dragged to Catwoman in theaters. What a picture.
lol, I still managed to not sit through that one :P
I also started it once and bailed never went back