Lovecraft Country

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
DAEBO
Charter Member

Lovecraft Country

Post by DAEBO »

The new hottness. :p

The first episode of the show is pretty good. I wouldn't go crazy on the supporting podcast, it doesn't really talk about the show, just social issues, which is cool but some of us don't like being totally dragged out of the story.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Re: Lovecraft Country

Post by DAEBO »

The second episode kinda lost me with the Christianity stuff.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

One episode in. Good start but looks like it’s gonna be a clusterfuck of different ideas
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Finished #2. That was kind of a mess? But interesting enough to follow for a season at least. It’s probably going to get great ratings since 90% of what was supposed to be the fall TV slate didn’t make the cut before Rona.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Finally a good episode. Episode 8 was kickass.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Finally got around to watching this, probably should have skipped it. I love Lovecraft, but this has very minimal Lovecraft. It's full of classic horror/sci-fi pulp, which is fine, but I went in expecting Lovecraft, not generic shit. No one came close to losing their shit, no one had their eyes bleed from witnessing something unimaginable, only a single creature that barely gets any use(though it was the highlight for me whenever they showed up), and a happy ending(kinda). This would have been much better marketed under a different name, with minor references to Lovecraft like they did with other books/authors throughout.

Also, what the fuck was up with the soundtrack? Shit was all over the place, rarely seemed to fit the scene, and that spoken word shit was fucking bizarre. Shit would always take me out of the scene, which is the exact opposite of what it should be doing.
pixie
Charter Member

Post by pixie »

Wah ? You guys had mixed reviews? I loved it! Every bit of it. I do agree the incorporation of actual love craft is minimal. But its literally based on another book called love craft country. I guess for the time it happened and it being in a minority point of view i dug it.